Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Insurance for married couple?

Options
  • 17-07-2018 10:44pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,083 ✭✭✭

Currently I have an insurance policy on my car with my wife as a named driver. She just passed her test and now wants to get her own car. She will have no no claims bonus. What would be the cheapest way to get insurance for us? Under one policy or two separate policies?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,579 ✭✭✭Mehaffey1

If you are sharing the one car and driving no other, she can't have a separate policy on it by any means that I know.

• Registered Users Posts: 562 ✭✭✭sonyvision

I doubt you can get two cars on one policy for two people. Your only options are two policies, the first with you as the main driver and your wife named. The second is your wife on her car as the main driver and you named.

• Registered Users Posts: 937 ✭✭✭kerten

sonyvision wrote: »
    I doubt you can get two cars on one policy for two people. Your only options are two policies, the first with you as the main driver and your wife named. The second is your wife on her car as the main driver and you named.

This. If your wife has named driver experience, check with first ireland. They have counted it as NCB when wife bought her first policy.

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 7,836 Mod ✭✭✭✭liamog

Allianz did the same for me, I had 6 years as a named driver, they converted it into a NCB

• Registered Users Posts: 1,829 ✭✭✭tcawley29

most do count named ncb as normal ncb. Aviva and liberty definitely do in my experience.

• Advertisement
Advertisement