Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Roaccutane makeup/skincare routine

Options
  • 17-07-2018 3:51pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi all,

I've recently started a course of roaccutane (I'm on day 12 to be exact) and I'm already feeling some of the side effects. Even though I'm LASHING on the lipbalm and moisturiser my lips are so dry, my skin, in particular my chin is becoming quite flakey, and by lunchtime my makeup looks terrible! For some background: I usually wear a medium - heavy coverage foundation (being ashamed of your spotty face will do that to a girl!) at the moment I'm using Lancome teint idole, with Lancome la base primer underneath. I'm using La Roche Posey Toleraine skincare (recommended by my dermatologist) - cleansing milk, toleraine ultra day, night and eye cream, and Lipikar Baume AP+ on my face and body before bed.

On top of all of that, today my mouth is as dry as the Sahara Desert no matter how much water I drink *repeats to self* It will be worth it in the long run!

So my question here is this, have you been on roaccutane before, or are you a makeup artist/skin care professional with experience looking after roaccutane users; What is your recommended skin care/make up routine? I had done tonnes of research before I started my medication but I'm still in a bit of a pickle and I would love your tips/tricks on how to survive my roaccutane journey!

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,832 ✭✭✭heldel00

As someone who had to go on roacc twice can i just tell you how worth it it will be in the end.
    I definitely put it up there as as big a life changer for me as when i got my eyes lasered.
    Keep drinking water for the dry mouth, be aware that the dry mouth can cause smelly breath so be mindful of this. You will see the difference with regards to spots in a week or two and then don't even bother with full on make up. Your skin is going to be dry regardless of what you do and full makeup will just draw attention to this. I used Revision Intellishade tinted moisturiser that i used to buy in my dermatologist's office. I actually still use it for work.
    Forever Aloe have a fantastic lipbalm and it was the only thing that helped amd believe me i tried them all. You will have to find a local agent for that though.
    I didn't bother wearing fake tan because my skin was so dry it would have just ended up patchy. Maybe some of these new type tanning oils that you add to your moisturiser might work better though.
    Be very very careful that you don't wax. I was damn close to having my eyebrow skin pulled off when i remembered at last minute that i couldn't wax. You can thread though.
    Take pleasure in the fact that you will have to wash your hair a lot less. A good wash and blowdry should do you a week as your hair won't get greasy.
    Can't really think of anything else but ask away if you've any questions.

Advertisement