Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Men's Clothing

Options
  • 17-07-2018 1:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭

Looking for some tips on places to buy decent clothes for the man in my life (i.e. me). Transitioning shortly from a job where I wear a suit to a more business casual environment and I'm struggling to find anything to wear.

Just back from a stroll around town and very disappointed with the severe lack of quality men's clothes which don't cost an arm and a leg. Don't get me wrong, I don't mind spending money but not ridiculous money clothes which aren't worth it.

Everything I see online is super skinny which doesn't work for most people imo.

See below for some examples of styles I'm looking for:

A-great-business-casual-outfit-with-outerwear-and-accessories.jpg

0eb8301ce2ac1ca97aa09ffc4f366924--best-outfits-male-outfits.jpg

business-casual-outfit-ideas-navy-cardigan-blue-button-down-jeans-men-fall-2016.jpg

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,629 ✭✭✭Hunchback

Ironic that casual clothes are difficult to buy, but I geddit completely!

Maybe start with a shirt and take it from there.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Tk max. You might get lucky with a few bits

• Registered Users Posts: 2,378 ✭✭✭RebelButtMunch

Marks for trousers and shoes

• Registered Users Posts: 219 ✭✭Woodward

Zara is pretty good

• Registered Users Posts: 1,306 ✭✭✭ArthurG

What’s your budget? Ted Baker and/or Reiss do great smart casual.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Category Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 22,297 CMod ✭✭✭✭Pawwed Rig

Nightmare of a shop. Who wants to root through hundreds of items on the off chance of finding something decent?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,015 ✭✭✭✭Mc Love

Use ctshirts for my shirts they normally have good offers on.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 648 ✭✭✭SeanHarty

Pawwed Rig wrote: »

Nightmare of a shop. Who wants to root through hundreds of items on the off chance of finding something decent?

And in your fecking size!

• Registered Users Posts: 33,053 ✭✭✭✭NIMAN

OP will go in looking for casual clothes but likely will come out with a frying pan and a set of pillows.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Love the treasure hunt element of it :o

Shaws' department store is decent if you're in the Southeast OP

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,328 ✭✭✭Mezcita

Thread.com is worth a look.

You basically stick in your measurements and indicate a few styles which you like. They then assign you a ''stylist'' who makes suggestions.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 5,106 ✭✭✭PlaneSpeeking

Love the treasure hunt element of it :o

Shaws' department store is decent if you're in the Southeast OP

Big assed Shaws in Portlaoise too!

V good!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

Mezcita wrote: »

You basically stick in your measurements and indicate a few styles which you like. They then assign you a ''stylist'' who makes suggestions.

This looks promising. Thanks for all the tips guys.

My problem is I'm a fussy boll0x. Buying online is a great idea but most of the stuff I order ends up not looking like it did online. Which p1sses me off.

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 14,526 Mod ✭✭✭✭Darkglasses

Big assed Shaws in Portlaoise too!

V good!

Went on their website, there's quite a number of them dotted around :o

• Registered Users Posts: 415 ✭✭e.r

Debenhams have a good varied selection.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭nthclare

Timberland

• Registered Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭quadrifoglio verde

Eton for shirts.
    Ok, they're expensive but you feel and look a million dollars in them.
    You also get serious wear out of them as the quality is top notch.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,331 ✭✭✭Keyzer

BTW - Thread is a great site.

• Registered Users Posts: 622 ✭✭✭Idioteque

Mezcita wrote: »

Like the site, how did you work it though in terms of returns? They currently only deliver to UK, which is not a problem as obviously I can use DPD Parcel Wizard or Address Pal. However the whole set-up is about ordering different sizes, colours etc. and sending back what you don't need before you pay for anything.

How did you return items and how does that work out cost-wise?

Advertisement