Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

plz suggest a hotel to stay in London

Options
  • 17-07-2018 12:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭

i m finding hotels to be very expensive for my upcoming trip to london.
    could someone please suggest any hotels in or around the city as we mainly want to visit the city to check out 3-4 main attractions (Buckingham palace,big ben, london eye etc)..

looking to book for 3 nights 28-31 for 4 adults n 3 kids.

is it better to stay outside the city and drive around in a rental car or stay central and use public transport (not preferred due to trouble walking long dist)

thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,500 ✭✭✭BrokenArrows

London is expensive. Not much you can do about that im afraid.

What is your budget per night for 7 people? What age are the kids?

• Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rizdub

thanks, yes really surprised to see its so expensive !!
    kids are 14 year, 3.5 and 2 years.. was hoping to get something under 200 per night .. should i stay outside the city?

• Registered Users Posts: 720 ✭✭✭ethical

London is expensive alright but you'd be better off staying fairly central,try Air bnb for accomadation.Travel is just wonderful in London,again ,maybe a bit dear but get Oyster Card ,any train/underground station will help you out with it,it certainly makes travel more affordable.

ethical wrote: »
    London is expensive alright but you'd be better off staying fairly central,try Air bnb for accomadation.Travel is just wonderful in London,again ,maybe a bit dear but get Oyster Card ,any train/underground station will help you out with it,it certainly makes travel more affordable.

You won't find a hotel for 4 adults and 3 kids for that price.

There is plenty of stuff on Airbnb for your price range if the kids are happy in bunk beds

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Regional Abroad Moderators Posts: 6,485 Mod ✭✭✭✭silvervixen84

Take a look at accommodation in Zone 2 or 3, it'll be cheaper.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 55 ✭✭rizdub

Thanks for helpful suggestion.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

It depends on your hotel choice. I always use Premier Inn and Travelodge in London and find them perfect and usually very affordable. I have three nights booked in August for €200 and that's over a weekend.

It depends on your hotel choice. I always use Premier Inn and Travelodge in London and find them perfect and usually very affordable. I have three nights booked in August for €200 and that's over a weekend.

Is that for 7 people?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,468 ✭✭✭Curb Your Enthusiasm

Is that for 7 people?

You would need two rooms for that number, so 350-400 should sort you. Once you're near a Tube station you're sorted.

Advertisement