Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance

Options
  • 17-07-2018 9:55am
    Registered Users Posts: 14

So, annual renewal time...up e80 on last year and paid 20 extra for moving from Moycullen to city. Fair enough....I revalued my car from 4000 to 2000.....UP premium by e60..nuts...got usual spiel about underwriters valuations..
    So went for 3rd party f and theft...still cost 440 for 13 yr old car !!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,284 ✭✭✭stryker mcqueen

claddagh69 wrote: »
    So, annual renewal time...up e80 on last year and paid 20 extra for moving from Moycullen to city. Fair enough....I revalued my car from 4000 to 2000.....UP premium by e60..nuts...got usual spiel about underwriters valuations..

Changing Value is pointless , you will only get the market value in the event of a claim , so you may as well increase it again to save the €60, EVERY insurer has room to discount so just play the game.... cheaper quote elsewhere etc etc

• Registered Users Posts: 25,361 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

claddagh69 wrote: »

The value of the car on your policy is irrelevant for you if you're not insuring fully comp. because if the car is totalled by somebody else, his insurance will pay market value regardless of what your policy says the car is worth.

They probably jacked up the premium because by reducing the stated value, you fell into a 'banger' class and got loaded for your troubles.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,647 ✭✭✭✭punisher5112

Value your car over €5k can actually bring premium down.

You should have left it alone to be honest as mentioned they won't pay out that only what they see car value at.

Advertisement