Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

How to transfer contact's, s6 to s8 ?

Options
  • 17-07-2018 3:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭

Hi guy's, just wondering what's the best way to transfer your contact's from Galaxy s6 to a new s8?

I've been googling and some say to back your contacts up to your gmail acc and then re-sync, other articles are saying use a samsung app.

In your opinion what is the fastest or more importantly, the best tried and tested way ?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 18,903 ✭✭✭✭Del2005

I've all my contacts saved to Google so any phone I use has all the contacts. Once I register on the phone they are there, can't think of any faster way.

Samsung would be similar but it won't work if you move to another manufacturer.

• Registered Users Posts: 335 ✭✭delboythedub

You can try Bluetooth to Bluthtooth.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,920 ✭✭✭Cash_Q

Samsung app is good but take your time with it, it freezes when you try to do too much at once

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Thanks very much for all the replies. The 2 that kept coming back when I was googling was Samsung smartswitch and backing up to google. I'll go with the Samsung smartswitch when the phone arrives tomorrow.

Just for future ref, I was was using a different phone to a Samsung, the best way would be backing up all contacts to google and then just re-syncing ?

Again, thanks very much!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭BionicRasher

Log in with Google and back up to your account. It's the best way by far if you are using Android
    You can also manage your contacts on the web at contacts.google.com
    Great for merging duplicates and cleaning things up if like me you have 1000+ contacts on the phone.
    Also great for your email addresses and even driving as it all links to Google maps etc.

Samsung smartswitch is as it suggests only for Samsung phones

• Registered Users Posts: 408 ✭✭DubInTheWest

Log in with Google and back up to your account. It's the best way by far if you are using Android
    You can also manage your contacts on the web at contacts.google.com
    Great for merging duplicates and cleaning things up if like me you have 1000+ contacts on the phone.
    Also great for your email addresses and even driving as it all links to Google maps etc.

Samsung smartswitch is as it suggests only for Samsung phones

I will be using the smart switch as I'm going to be using Samsung but for the wife this will be very handy. I might give this a go myself just have have my contacts backed up.

Just frightening how much information google has on us. I was logged into my gmail acc on a friends laptop, I cleared the history when I was done from chrome. The next day I was there again and I was still logged into google and I thought wtf. So I cleared history again and even used ccleaner. Opened up chrome again and low and behold I was still logged into google/gmail.. like how ? I had to actually go to my initial and click on 'logout' to actually log out. That is the first time I've ever seen anything like that.

That was a little off topic, but thanks for your input, it's great to learn new ways to do things that will save serious amount of time in the future.

Advertisement