If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact [email protected]

CGT Tax Form

  • 16-07-2018 8:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 8

    Hi all,

    so I've decided to get out of Cryptocurrency after Ripple decided to take a massive dive. I have not made a profit, Nowhere close, and i have been looking at the CGT Form and i am confused. Has anyone filled out this form before and could you explain how to do it, i.e what information do I need and how to fill it out. I know this is a lot to ask but I am at a loss as how to do it, and i don't want to pay someone, just so i can tell Revenue that I have not made a profit.

    Thanks for your help.


  • Registered Users Posts: 14,005 ✭✭✭✭tk123

    Is it form 12? Assuming you work you can copy all the PAYE details from your P60... then skip to the capital gains part (section 77 on the PDF form) and you fill in the details there - if you've made a loss fill it in there and that's pretty much it. Your losses can carry forward so you fill it in for 'Net Loss(es) in 2017' and 'Unused Losses for carry forward to 2018'. So for example if you lost €1000 this year and next year you make €2000 - that €1000 loss would carry forward and be subtracted from your gain for 2018 making it €1000 and exempt as the first €1,270 is exempt.

    I'd say you don'y really need to fill in Form 12 as you have no gain.. BUT I'd assume revenue will tell you to fill it in anyways lol!

  • Registered Users Posts: 208 ✭✭Debtocracy