Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Where can i buy american postal Stamps

Options
  • 16-07-2018 9:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 25

hey all,
    i need to send an american stamp with a letter to america so he can post back a letter (he is incarcerated ) is there any where in dublin or online that sells american stamps?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭dennyk

It's going to be quite difficult, if not impossible, to buy USPS stamps in Ireland. Also, many US prisons do not allow stamps to be sent to prisoners, as they are often used as prison currency these days, what with tobacco bans becoming commonplace. You should contact his prison or his lawyer to figure out the best way to allow him to respond to your letters; in many cases you may be able to send some money to him or to his prison commissary account or similar so he can use it to buy stamps there. (Remember to take into account the cost of international postage as well...)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,081 ✭✭✭fricatus

There used to be something called an International Reply Coupon, which we used to use if asking for brochures, etc. from other countries, back in the days before email and PDFs.

Check with a post office if they're still doing them - they were redeemable in most countries against a standard stamp for letter post.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,649 ✭✭✭dennyk

Doesn't appear that Ireland sells IRCs. Also, a prisoner in the US would not be able to go to an actual USPS post office to purchase stamps, and it's very unlikely that a prison commissary would accept one of those coupons.

• Moderators, Regional East Moderators Posts: 21,502 Mod ✭✭✭✭Agent Smith

I cant be the only one curious on why he's incarcerated?

Advertisement