Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Samsung s9 - international version??

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 Foggywindow

Hi guys, just wondering if this international version of the Samsung s9 would be fully usable in Ireland? It's much cheaper! It'd be great if anyone could give some insight. I particularly like it as it is dual sim.

It should definitely, it supports all the frequencies used by phone operators in Ireland (3G 900/2100 4G 800/1800)

Might I reccommend the Oneplus 6 as an alternative ? It has better battery life, more RAM and is vheaper too !

• Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

I am.using one with no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

jamesd wrote: »
    I am.using one with no issues.

Did you buy from Amazon?

• Registered Users Posts: 44 fulhamc

Bought one on Amazon Italy, works no problem

• Registered Users Posts: 91 ✭✭dodgystats

fulhamc wrote: »
    Bought one on Amazon Italy, works no problem
    Thanks for that, helpful to know. There is one on Spanish site for 565 at the moment which I'll probably go for.

https://www.amazon.es/Samsung-Galaxy-Smartphone-Bluetooth-Internacional/dp/B079YWSLB9/ref=mp_s_a_1_1?__mk_es_ES=ÅMÅZÕÑ&qid=1532851425&sr=8-1&pi=AC_SX236_SY340_FMwebp_QL65&keywords=samsung+galaxy+s9

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,419 ✭✭✭jamesd

dodgystats wrote: »
    Did you buy from Amazon?

From amazon spain, 565€ delivered.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 3,068 Mod ✭✭✭✭OpenYourEyes

International version has increased in price again, but other versions (e.g. Italian) are around the €560 - €580 mark - does anyone have experience with them? From what I can find online it just means a language change from the start, and then it should be the same as every other version?

(one exception I've found when googling was that Samsung Pay was still in Italian despite the users best efforts to change it, but I don't anticipate using Samsung Pay...)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,580 ✭✭✭moleyv

International version has increased in price again, but other versions (e.g. Italian) are around the €560 - €580 mark - does anyone have experience with them? From what I can find online it just means a language change from the start, and then it should be the same as every other version?

I've a new note 8 from Amazon Italy which was a network phone (TIM) network. I just had to change language on startup. There were two network apps, which I can uninstall, but they reinstall after every update, but easily uninstalled again.

I think you can easily enough install a non network install through your computer with some Samsung software, but I'm not bothered.

Advertisement