Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Toilet pan replacement

Options
  • 16-07-2018 4:01pm
    Registered Users Posts: 699 ✭✭✭

We are replacing a "standard" Shires toilet and cistern. House built mid 90's, waste pipe goes into the floor at 200mm (8") to back wall.

There is a lot of choice, close couple etc.... I have ruled out "wall mounted" because the waste is in the floor.

What do I need to check or will they all fit? Thanks.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

We are replacing a "standard" Shires toilet and cistern. House built mid 90's, waste pipe goes into the floor at 200mm (8") to back wall.

There is a lot of choice, close couple etc.... I have ruled out "wall mounted" because the waste is in the floor.

What do I need to check or will they all fit? Thanks.
    A close couple toilet will not work if the waste pipe is 200 mm from the back wall.the toilet would cover the waste pipe

• Registered Users Posts: 12,734 ✭✭✭✭Dtp1979

Only a low level toilet will do

Advertisement