Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Amazon Day 2018

Options
  • 16-07-2018 3:53pm
    Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Didn't see a thread on it.
    Looking at an Amazon show , half price today

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,336 ✭✭✭tonc76

• Registered Users Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭ted1

I picked up two yi cameras. Spec seems decent , ive an allergy to cloud based subscriptions.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

tonc76 wrote:
    Thread here:

We've run an IOT specific one for a could of years, usually do a planning thread but forgot

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

ted1 wrote:
    I picked up two yi cameras. Spec seems decent , ive an allergy to cloud based subscriptions.

Which ones , how much did they cost,

Have they free could stroage

• Registered Users Posts: 27,927 ✭✭✭✭TitianGerm

Got two Blink XT cameras today. £159 including the hub.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,429 ✭✭✭✭ted1

Stoner wrote: »
    Which ones , how much did they cost,

Have they free could stroage

They offer a cloud option but they also take SD cards, which can be viewed back directly from the app. effectively the same functionality but store locally. I believe that they when using the also offer 7 day storage for free in case the camera is stolen or card gets corrupt.

1 of these for 43 gbp

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B0794TN8J5/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    and 1 of this for about 19 gbp

https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07438VKLY/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,597 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

I got my first of two Yi Home (720p) ones yesterday. I'll do a proper write up later today.

As well as taking a memory card, it also seems to record 7 second motion activated clips to the cloud, even without the sub, nice. Also offers basic motion zones without a sub.

Advertisement