Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bet dispute

Options
  • 16-07-2018 2:49pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭

I had panama to have the lowest goals scored in the World Cup @ 11/2.

Paddy Power have said it was a losing bet.

I would have thought i was getting 1/4 of the odds back or dead heat rules would apply (12 other teams scored 2 goals each:rolleyes:)

Any opinions or experience?

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 33 diar1000

Yes, if they scored the lowest you should be paid. Question Paddy Power as to who Scored less.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,099 ✭✭✭markc91

8 teams scored twice so it was split 8 ways

• Registered Users Posts: 13,023 ✭✭✭✭Joe_ Public

Sounds like it should be a winner on dead heat rules. Which implies your stake should be divided by 12.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

markc91 wrote: »
    8 teams scored twice so it was split 8 ways

12 teams scored twice unfortunately :(

• Registered Users Posts: 2,793 ✭✭✭chillywilly

Sounds like it should be a winner on dead heat rules. Which implies your stake should be divided by 12.

Sorry it was 11 other teams scored 2 goals (12 teams including Panama)

Do they divide the odds or just divide up my stake?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 9,586 ✭✭✭4068ac1elhodqr

Could be a dead-heat rule, whereby you're only getting 5.5/4/12 = odds of 0.11458333333333
    I.e. ROI of just 1.11% (almost negligible). And assuming it's classed only as place-part only without 'clear win',
    Equates to 'full net ROI' of 0.05729166666667 of stake. Maybe just 0.6c per €1?

Sorry it was 11 other teams scored 2 goals (12 teams including Panama)

Do they divide the odds or just divide up my stake?

Its full odds with the stake divided up by the number of winners, in this case 12. Thats how i've always known it anyway.

The other possibility was in that particular bet rules, maybe there was something in the small print like "in the event of a tie bet loses". Not sure if that applies here or not, but I always find its a good idea to read the small print when it comes to making bets like those.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,564 ✭✭✭kiers47

It is the stake that gets split here not the odds no matter who tells you otherwise.

So if you had €10 on you would effectively have 83cent on @11/2.
    0.83x6.5=5.42

So you would effectively be losing money but it is better than a complete loss.
    Question them on it and ask them to explain the decision.

The other possibility was in that particular bet rules, maybe there was something in the small print like "in the event of a tie bet loses". Not sure if that applies here or not, but I always find its a good idea to read the small print when it comes to making bets like those.

This is the other thing. If it was some sort of special they often do this.
    Was it a special they had listed on a screen or in special bets? These usually exclude dead heats on the small print.

• Advertisement

Its full odds with the stake divided up by the number of winners, in this case 12. Thats how i've always known it anyway.

It used to be the other way around, even for e/w calculations..i.e.. full stake at quarter odds, but they changed it to quarter stake at full odds as it benefits them financially.

€20 at 10/1 under the old method was €70 back. Under the new(ish) rules it only pays €55.

It used to be the other way around, even for e/w calculations..i.e.. full stake at quarter odds, but they changed it to quarter stake at full odds as it benefits them financially.

€20 at 10/1 under the old method was €70 back. Under the new(ish) rules it only pays €55.

I'm not sure how it went historically but I do know that if you have a win E20 at 10/1 in a dead heat, the dividend will be E110. Its half the stake, not a quarter (unless there are 4 involved in the dead heat).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,804 ✭✭✭bmc58

kiers47 wrote: »
    It is the stake that gets split here not the odds no matter who tells you otherwise.

So if you had €10 on you would effectively have 83cent on @11/2.
    0.83x6.5=5.42

So you would effectively be losing money but it is better than a complete loss.
    Question them on it and ask them to explain the decision.
    I think you're incorrect there.As far as I'm aware if you have a winning bet you cannot loose.So at least the person should get his stake back.Correct me if I' wrong.

I'm not sure how it went historically but I do know that if you have a win E20 at 10/1 in a dead heat, the dividend will be E110. Its half the stake, not a quarter (unless there are 4 involved in the dead heat).

Obviously it would be half for 2 or a third for three. I was using the example of an each-way bet @ 1/4 the odds.

• Registered Users Posts: 21 alan.p22

I wonder was there a rule regarding goal difference in case of dead heats with the bet.Only way i could see there being no return

bmc58 wrote: »
    I think you're incorrect there.As far as I'm aware if you have a winning bet you cannot loose.So at least the person should get his stake back.Correct me if I' wrong.

No they are the dead heat rules. That is 100% correct. Id bet on it. :D
    I bet on golf quite a bit and know the dead-heat rules very well.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,788 ✭✭✭jacool

kiers47 is right

e.g. If you had 13 euro on panama @ 11/2 you should get paid out on 1 euro @ 11/2 therefore a return of 6.50
    that’s because they have to pay out on the other 12 teams as well
    so you should expect a return of 50% on your stake.

PP are wrong to tell you it’s a loser

Advertisement