Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattoo with skin condition (Psoriasis etc)

Options
  • 16-07-2018 1:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I know there's a forum already for skin conditions but I wanted this to be tattoo specific.

I have psoriasis the last 7 years or so and have had plenty of tattoos since.

For others with skin conditions - what creams etc would you normally use? What's your healing process like?

I'm almost finished up a sleeve and havent use Bepanthen at all on this tattoo - only Silcocks base (which I use as shower gel too) and Vaseline Aloe Vera (2-3 times a day all over arm - dries in very quick and keeps it mostly smooth) The bold black bits in tattoo are sometimes flaky, sometimes not. 3 months since tattoo so might not be healed 100% yet.

Interested to hear peoples own experiences. I understand this isn't a medical advice forum either, just looking at other peoples routine :D

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,725 ✭✭✭Bluefoam

I have tattoos and psoriasis, I use E-45 while healing. I also occasionally use Lush Elbow Grease to make them stand out...

But I've never had an effected area tattooed, nor would I recommend it.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

I think I get some small patches on my tattoos due to the trauma on the skin when getting done. But it usually goes after a few months.

I must try some E45 and just keep the silcocks base for the shower as it is quite uncomfortable to wear.

Advertisement