Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parcel Motel/Wizard/Address Pal for a TV?

Options
  • 16-07-2018 11:11am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭

If buying a 55inch TV online from UK which delivery service is cheapest assuming dimensions fall into oversized category?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

comet wrote: »
    If buying a 55inch TV online from UK which delivery service is cheapest assuming dimensions fall into oversized category?

I've been in the same situation as you and I went for PM with the extra insurance

• Registered Users Posts: 18 cerberos

Have you researched and found source better than Richer Sounds?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,609 ✭✭✭comet

I've been in the same situation as you and I went for PM with the extra insurance

Thanks, how much did that cost?

cerberos wrote: »
    Have you researched and found source better than Richer Sounds?

Yes there are some good deals in England, amazon, ebay etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 555 ✭✭✭bluestrattos

Thanks, how much did that cost? [...]

3.95 for the usual 'stay' + 7€ because it was oversized + 7€ for the extra 1000€ insurance, so overall, 17.95€

• Registered Users Posts: 318 ✭✭nitros7

Below are the Address Pal oversize charges

As a post office delivery, it would be 25 euro, as a home delivery if the parcel is over 15kg it would be 12.99 euro, if between 10kg and 15kg - 9.99 euro. https://addresspal.anpost.ie/pricing-sizing .

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 54 ✭✭kujaultima

So..
    Thanks, how much did that cost? [...]

3.95 for the usual 'stay' + 7€ because it was oversized + 7€ for the extra 1000€ insurance, so overall, 17.95€
    would this work for amazon TV orders?

• Registered Users Posts: 36 Righthammer

A lot of amazon tvs only deliver to mainland uk not Northern Ireland so addresspal would be needed. There is a big risk risk that the tv arrives in one piece as addresspal only cover for €40.

I recently ordered a 55inch €1400 tv via amazon through addresspal and it arrived safely .I was worried when I realised that the order was not fully insured by addresspal and would probably not go this way again due to the risk but tv I was interested was not available through Richer Sounds. Cost me €12.99 home delivery via addresspal.

Advertisement