Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help

Options
  • 15-07-2018 9:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 6

Hi all, I'm just going to be blunt here, I think I'm gay/bi and I have no one to talk to about and just dunno what to do. I'm afraid of them online sites for meeting people because they always are looking for hookups.... I just want to talk to someone and get to know them better first but I dunno where to begin. Not sure if this is the right place to post this here, but if anyone can help I'd be forever grateful, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

there are lots of groups for LGBT folks that aren't hinged around physical/sexual contact, just for connecting and making friends. I'd really recommend trying to meet some like-minded people first, and jut getting used to who you are as a person.

Where are you based? if we know that we might be able to help a bit more.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Marmalade90

Hi Crumble, thanks for replying.

I'm in Tullamore Offaly.

Yeah that's what I'm looking for because I can't talk to anyone I know... This is affecting my life I don't know who to turn to.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,512 ✭✭✭baby and crumble

Ok, well, you should start by looking at meetup.com, there are a few groups there that organise themselves online but to meet in person for coffee, etc.

I don't know of groups in Offaly, but if you're under 25 you could look at hooking in with BelongTo, who have groups all over the country.

• Registered Users Posts: 6 Marmalade90

Thank so much will look into asap.

Unfortunately I'm 27 so I'm out of look on that, but thanks for the help really appreciate.

Advertisement