Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Wireless headphones on a non smart TV

• 15-07-2018 9:52pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭

I have a panasonic TV. Its not a smart TV. Has a couple of USB ports tho.

Would I be able to use wireless headphones with a TV like this? Or what do I need to get?

Many thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Invincible

dellas1979 wrote: »
    I have a panasonic TV. Its not a smart TV. Has a couple of USB ports tho.

Would I be able to use wireless headphones with a TV like this? Or what do I need to get?

Many thanks

Has it a headphone jack?
    There are units with a charging cradle/transmitter that connect throgh the headphone jack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭dellas1979

I think Ive attached a pic of whats on the back of the TV.

(sorry, not a very big tech head, so as simple terms as possible please on what I could go :-)

• Registered Users Posts: 73,381 ✭✭✭✭colm_mcm

Can you post the model number of the tv?

• Registered Users Posts: 6,111 ✭✭✭Invincible

Thanks for replies. Attached is info on the tv.

I really dont understand how this works...

I plug something into the tv that gives me bluetooth. And then i can use wireless headphones?

• Advertisement

Yes it has a headphone jack. It seems to be on the side of the tv, there are 3 connections together, in your picture - yellow black and green. The black one in the middle is the headphone jack.

You plug the transmitter’s 3.5mm headphone type plug into that jack, and it then transmits to the headphones.

You may have to manually enable the headphone function via the tv remote, or it may just activate whenever something’s plugged in. Volume is more than likely controlled by the headphones themselves rather than by the tv remote.
    Some TVs have the option of running the speaker and headphone audio at the same time. Not sure about yours.

Thanks for that Colm!

Is there any transmitter/headphones that ye'd suggest?

I dont need anything fancy. Just at nighttime, when I would like to watch movies a little later into the night.

Hello-anyone any suggestions, or would a headphone with a long wire work as well?

Just use a long 3.5mm extension cable. A lot less hassle. Just don't trip over the wire. :D

• Advertisement

Yes you could.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,128 ✭✭✭_CreeD_

For video make sure that whatever Headphone/Transmitter combination you get supports AptX Low Latency mode (not all do), otherwise you could end up with out of sync audio.

Advertisement