Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hulkamania running wild again - WWE reinstates Hogan into the Hall of Fame

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,977 ✭✭✭HandsomeBob

possibly the cringiest thing they've done.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 14,158 ✭✭✭✭hufpc8w3adnk65

Seriously?

• Registered Users Posts: 7,705 ✭✭✭Mr. Guappa

Must be a weight of the Hulkster's shoulders. Can't have been easy these past 3 years with that suspension hanging over him.

MrMac84 wrote: »
    Seriously?

cringey as in that Twitter post? yeah. incredibly embarrassing.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 42,416 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lord TSC

Give it its own topic, cause I'm guessing this is the start of "One Last Run, brother!"

• Advertisement

Oh, a reminder of what he said that caused the initial fuss...

“I don’t know if Brooke was ****ing the black guy’s son,” Hulk raved, the sources add.

“I mean, I don’t have double standards. I mean, I am a racist, to a point, ****ing n*******. But then when it comes to nice people and ****, and whatever.” ...

According to sources, he said: “I mean, I’d rather if she was going to **** some n*****, I’d rather have her marry an 8-foot-tall n****** worth a hundred million dollars! Like a basketball player!

“I guess we’re all a little racist. ****ing n*****.”

• Registered Users Posts: 11,880 ✭✭✭✭Rock Lesnar

Lord TSC wrote: »
    Give it its own topic, cause I'm guessing this is the start of "One Last Run, brother!"

At 64 years old brother, he wont be running to far, brother.....brotherrrrrrr ;)

• Registered Users Posts: 60,296 ✭✭✭✭Agent Coulson

How long before Hulk puts Roman over.

I wanna see him hulk up when he gets those hands

• Registered Users Posts: 551 ✭✭✭Taxburden carrier

What ya gonna do, Bob?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

I imagine the crowd response to him will be strange. I'm sure he still has his fans but I don't see black WWE fans running wild with Hulkamania anymore or plenty of white people either for that matter.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 194 ✭✭jrkb

Am delighted no wrestling hall of fame would be complete without Hogan in it.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,477 ✭✭✭brianregan09

The whole thing was a big over reaction considering he was being recorded without his knowledge

Just read a new deal may have been agreed to, wonder when he'll show up on television, soon as possible i'd imagine

The whole thing was a big over reaction considering he was being recorded without his knowledge

Pretty lowest of the low to be fair.....and to blame alcohol as well really speaks volumes. Guy is a creeper and I say that as someone who became infatuated by wrestling due to him and the Macho Man.

Pretty lowest of the low to be fair.....and to blame alcohol as well really speaks volumes. Guy is a creeper and I say that as someone who became infatuated by wrestling due to him and the Macho Man.

Hardly lowest of the low to be fair there's a lot sick **** in this world and to think some idiot throwing out a drunken racial slur because he's worried about his daughter or whatever is the lowest of the low, Jesus my own cousin is going out with a black guy and my own uncle hated him , Yes its the classic old school of xenophobic thought but there's no way he's the lowest of the low, he was a lovely man , and I'm sure Hogan has said much much worse things when sober and not been taped

At the end of the day, WWE will be trying to get people dressing up in Hulk shirts again, trying to restablish him as a bastion of WWE....all while those racist quotes get trotted out over and over.

Honestly think WWE are being stupid here. On the one hand, "Be a Star", on the other, "f*** N******s, unless they rich n*******".

This feels like a character WWE should have just quietly leave in the history books, and instead, he's about to be back as a brand ambassador.

• Registered Users Posts: 8,689 ✭✭✭sky88

Im 100 percent convinced new japan were getting hulk in for the show at msg and this is how there countering it

• Registered Users Posts: 39,440 ✭✭✭✭Itssoeasy

Reinstate ? When was he chucked out ?

• Registered Users Posts: 28,804 ✭✭✭✭CastorTroy

Statement from New Day due to people asking their opinion
    https://twitter.com/TrueKofi/status/1019464748566482944

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 12,013 Mod ✭✭✭✭jaykhunter

Kofi, what a lovely stand-up fella.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,104 ✭✭✭✭J. Marston

Titus' statement. Echoes New Day's sentiments but doubts the sincerity of the apology...

https://twitter.com/titusoneilwwe/status/1019715254257737731?s=21

Well done to New Say and Titus. Nothing to lose by being true to themselves. Hardly as if they can get the bullet for it.

I don't expect to see Hogan on Raw, Smackdown or any PPV anytime soon. Can see him utilised on Network specials where there is no audience.

• Registered Users Posts: 18,083 ✭✭✭✭RobbingBandit

He has to put Virgil over at SummerSlam

• Registered Users Posts: 3,843 ✭✭✭Pentecost

If he didn’t acknowledge that the language he used was wrong then the apology doesn’t amount to sh..

jaykhunter wrote: »
    Kofi, what a lovely stand-up fella.

Sarcasm ? If it isn't sorry in advance.

I think the new day and Titus only put out statements to clarify/stop the stories and rumours about how Hogan's appearance went over with the Black wrestlers given what caused his issues with WWE.

If what has been reported is true, that he mentioned again that he didn't know he was been recorded, then I can understand why some of the Black Superstars aren't happy or neutral. The fact he was recorded within his consent wasn't okay but that isn't the point.

• Registered Users Posts: 32,956 ✭✭✭✭Omackeral

Hulk Hogan the character and wrestler definitely belongs in the HOF

F*ck Terry Bollea though. An awful awful man. Aside from the politics, the weird relationship with his daughter, the non stop lying and the casual racism, him looking to cash in on his son crippling a young man called John Graziano was beyond the pale. Was found angling his son for a reality show on the back of it. Graziano needs 24/7 care but Hogan reckons that's part of God's plan and it happened for a reason such as he was bad in a past life or whatever, brother. He's a scum bag. Cunt Hogan indeed.

I don't think you can seperate the character from the man to be fair , if that were the case Chris Benoit should be in the Hall of Fame based on his wrestling career

I don't think you can seperate the character from the man to be fair , if that were the case Chris Benoit should be in the Hall of Fame based on his wrestling career

Well Benoit is different in my mind. Hogan may be a poor enough person but a murderer he isn't. I have avoided watching Benoit matches where it's one on one, but will watch if it's a multi man match where he isn't the main focus.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,547 ✭✭✭✭briany

Itssoeasy wrote: »
    Well Benoit is different in my mind. Hogan may be a poor enough person but a murderer he isn't. I have avoided watching Benoit matches where it's one on one, but will watch if it's a multi man match where he isn't the main focus.

I'd be lying if I said that what Benoit did doesn't enter my mind whenever I see footage of him wrestling, but I just fundamentally do not believe he was, then, what he became later. I just believe he had this period of extreme madness (and there's also evidence that he was suffering from brain damage). So in compartmentalizing it in that way, I can watch his matches.

Advertisement