Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

144HZ Monitors

Options
  • 15-07-2018 6:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12

Anybody know of any good tech shops around Galway or even County's around Galway? Curry's and Argos seem to be useless.

Comments

RxinMxn wrote: »
    Anybody know of any good tech shops around Galway or even County's around Galway? Curry's and Argos seem to be useless.

You won't find any. Buy online or on Adverts.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,304 ✭✭✭✭Skerries

we have no shops that display decent monitors and that's why I love going to the Saturn stores in Germany, floors and floors of PC peripherals

Skerries wrote: »
    we have no shops that display decent monitors and that's why I love going to the Saturn stores in Germany, floors and floors of PC peripherals

Was in Best Buy in New York a few months ago. Pity there's nothing like it here.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

There's no market for it here. It's less than 1% of the computer buying public would even know that these are a thing, never mind would want one. :)

and that 1% would go into a shop and say that's too expensive I'll buy it online ;)

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 18,698 ✭✭✭✭K.O.Kiki

PC World have the following 144Hz monitors for order & collect, so it's reasonable to expect they'd have store stock.

AOC G2460Pf
    SAMSUNG C24FG73

However you'd be paying a €50-100 premium over buying online.

AOC G2460Pf £210 Amazon
    SAMSUNG C24FG73 £200 Amazon

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,930 ✭✭✭✭TerrorFirmer

The store in Galway has a few monitors on display, last time I was there anyway. At one point they had G-Sync QHD 144hz panels even, but I don't think they stock the higher-end stuff anymore as they probably weren't selling at all.

There's a guy on Adverts selling an AOC 144hz G-Sync 24" monitor for €180 in Galway City.

Advertisement