Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Chinese device auto boots into recovery. Can't boot into system.

Options
  • 15-07-2018 1:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭

Hey folks,

I've been using my old Android device (Umidigi Plus) as a test bed for some work stuff. I tried to root it yesterday and it didn't really go to plan.. I started off by flashing TWRP Recovery using 'SP Flash Tool' by turning off the device and connecting to my PC. Turning it off is necessary as it connects to the PC in some sort of preload mode... Anyway that worked fine so I transferred a ZIP of SuperSU and booted successfully.

Once booted my problems began.. Google Play Services and all other Google apps were crashing constantly. The phone was completely unusable so I thought a factory reset would be best. I did this via the Android settings menu but that just booted me back into TWRP Recovery. At that no matter what I did I ended up back in Recovery.. Reboot to system, factory data reset.. all rebooted the phone back into recovery.

So I thought I would just try putting the default recovery back on the device again but whenever I power off the device and connect it to my PC it boots into recovery.. The phone needs to be powered off for SP Flash Tools to work.

Tried loading recovery image via fastboot but the volume rockers don't work in fastboot so I can't confirm the action.

The full ROM is available here but in RAR format.. which seems strange to me...
    http://community.umidigi.com/thread-11462-1-1.html

Not sure what to do next!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Oh also forgot to mention.. I tried flashing 'system.img' via TWRP and that also didn't help.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,686 ✭✭✭Danger781

Update:

I have now caused more damage. I read online that holding down VolUp + Power can 'force' into preload mode. So I did that with my SP flash tool ready and it seems to have erased recovery mode. Now whenever I try to get into recovery it just says "No command".

:(

Advertisement