Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

B and B near UCD

Options
  • 14-07-2018 11:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭

Could anyone recommend a B and B driving distance from UCD
    I have to travel up from Galway a few Saturdays and it's an early start so will probably just go up the Friday evening. Anywhere within half an hour would be fine. I'm coming up the M50

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

There are two guest houses near UCD at the junction of the N11 (Stillorgan Road) and Greenfield Park - opposite RTE. I have no idea if they are any good but they are within walking distance of UCD. Maybe see if they're listed on Tripadvisor, they are called El Carmen and Donnybrook Lodge.

You can see both on this Google Map, click on each one for contact details, neither of them has a website .......

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3132752,-6.2228365,17.8z

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

coylemj wrote: »
    There are two guest houses near UCD at the junction of the N11 (Stillorgan Road) and Greenfield Park - opposite RTE. I have no idea if they are any good but they are within walking distance of UCD. Maybe see if they're listed on Tripadvisor, they are called El Carmen and Donnybrook Lodge.

You can see both on this Google Map, click on each one for contact details, neither of them has a website .......

https://www.google.ie/maps/@53.3132752,-6.2228365,17.8z
    Thanks for the reply
    I had checked out the Donnybrook lodge but it was booked out
    El Carmen has no website or TripAdvisor so it's a no go........
    Tbh I'm hoping to get a place for around 60/70 euro so I'm probably looking at some commuter towns ?
    Alternatively there is a train up from Galway that would leave me an hour to get to UCD from heuston ?

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

Airbnb anywhere on a bus route that passes UCD and leave the car there?

• Registered Users Posts: 48,132 ✭✭✭✭km79

spurious wrote: »
    Airbnb anywhere on a bus route that passes UCD and leave the car there?

I’d never even considered air B and B cos I’ve never used it !!!!

https://www.airbnb.ie/rooms/19219792?location=UCD%2C%20Dublin&adults=1&children=0&infants=0&check_in=2018-09-21&check_out=2018-09-22&s=08XdDv_S

That looks ideal ? I know this is a very stupid question but do ya get breakfast with air B and B ? That’s one of the reasons I’m going up overnight . I can drive it in 2 hours but it’s an early start so I’d rather stay up and eat before I go to the conference
    Price goes up to 78 euro with fees
    Think I’ll look further afield or just drive and get breakfast in Applegreen :D

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 27,121 CMod ✭✭✭✭spurious

km79 wrote: »

That looks ideal ? I know this is a very stupid question but do ya get breakfast with air B and B ? That’s one of the reasons I’m going up overnight . I can drive it in 2 hours but it’s an early start so I’d rather stay up and eat before I go to the conference

Some do offer breakfast, some don't. It usually says in the ad.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 25,345 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

If you're driving up on Friday evening and are prepared to drive for up to 30 minutes on Saturday morning (when the roads will be very quiet) to get to UCD, you can consider virtually anywhere on the southside, including Dun Laoghaire.

You need to avoid Dublin 4 (Leeson St./Donnybrook) as everywhere I checked out looks very expensive.

A word of warning..... the cops do speed checks on Saturday and Sunday mornings at the N11 near UCD, the speed limit at that point is 60 kmh which makes it a turkey shoot - watch your speed on both sides of the dip under the overpass at UCD.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,618 ✭✭✭✭okidoki987

UCD is well serviced by buses especially the very frequent 46A which allows you to look further away.

Advertisement