Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shires Toilet Syphon?

Options
  • 14-07-2018 12:37pm
    Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭

Anyone know where to buy a Shires branded toilet syphon in Dublin? Need to replace mine and the old one is a Shires brand. I've already tried one I got in Woodies, can't remember the brand but it's total rubbish. The toilet will flush but you have to nearly wrench the flush handle off the toilet to get it to actually flush, feels like there's no quality in it. Would like to get another one the same as the original which had a nice easy action to it before it wore out, but cannot find them anywhere. Anyone know where they can be bought?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭Ten Pin

What was wrong with the old siphon? In general the wear part in a siphon is the valve which is just a flexible thin piece of plastic that is easily replaced.

• Registered Users Posts: 94 ✭✭BanjoSpanner

Yes I know about the plastic membrane that wears out. Unfortunately in my own stupid haste I immediately binned the old syphon and it's gone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,428 ✭✭✭quietsailor

456343.jpg
    It sounds like there isn't enough travel on the hadle to make the siphon move the full length of its operating range? sometimes the generic/Woodies replacements have a different length arm than the original. Can you shorten the wire between the handle and siphon? -- small circle in the picture

Some toilets have a square bar going from the handle into the cistern and then a plastic arm slid over that the wire from the siphon connects to. is this on your handle and could you take off the arm, rotate it through 90degrees and put it back on ie the black plastic piece in the large circle

Advertisement