Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Consolidate Multiple Audio Sources To A Single Output

Options
  • 14-07-2018 12:03am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,815 ✭✭✭

I currently have an Apple TV connected to my TV via HDMI. I also have a computer connected to the TV via another HDMI and I just use the source option on the remote to switch between the two. I always use headphones connected to the TV.

However, my TV's audio occasionally struggles with certain frequencies and I got distortions. For example, if I play a certain music file on my PC and listen to it through the TV, I hear crackling. If I then play the same music but listen by directly plugging in the headphones to the PC, everything is fine. The same is the case for certain scenes via the Apple TV especially if the soundtrack has low rumbles in the bass.

So ideally, I'd like a piece of equipment that can take the following inputs:
    • Optical Audio (from Apple TV)
    • 3.5 stereo (from TV)
    • Another 3.5 stereo (from PC)

And output to headphone 3.5. Preferably this equipment has its own volume adjuster and ideally remote controlled. Obviously there can be no drop in quality from the sources. Does such a thing exist?

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 25,343 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

What you're looking for is called an AV receiver. Popular brands are Denon, Sony, Yamaha and Onkyo.

Advertisement