Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

CONGU Directive regarding Handicap adjustments for 18+ Competitions?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 9:56pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭

Anyone hear anything about this?

CONGU are now saying that for any competitions spanning more than 18 holes handicap adjustments should apply after each round, as long as the rounds are more than 1 day apart.

Should impact a number of Captains Prizes but there seems to be some confusion about it at the moment and nothing on their website other than the existing directive that Committees are free to decide on this.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,865 ✭✭✭Russman

GreeBo wrote: »
    Anyone hear anything about this?

CONGU are now saying that for any competitions spanning more than 18 holes handicap adjustments should apply after each round, as long as the rounds are more than 1 day apart.

Should impact a number of Captains Prizes but there seems to be some confusion about it at the moment and nothing on their website other than the existing directive that Committees are free to decide on this.

Haven’t heard anything on the grapevine, but if I see our h/c sec over the weekend I’ll ask him. Seems a bit of a case of a solution looking for a problem ?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,992 ✭✭✭downthemiddle

Russman wrote: »
    Haven’t heard anything on the grapevine, but if I see our h/c sec over the weekend I’ll ask him. Seems a bit of a case of a solution looking for a problem ?

Cuts apply unless the committee decide otherwise. Treasa Thompson sent an email to clubs today.

• Registered Users Posts: 27,134 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Cuts apply unless the committee decide otherwise. Treasa Thompson sent an email to clubs today.

Which is exactly what it already was in their 2018 guide to running comps...

I believe it originated from a query by Beechpark regarding cuts.
    I can only assume they were asking about cuts after round 1 being valid for any golf other than the second 18 and something got lost along the way.
    Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

• Registered Users Posts: 20,352 ✭✭✭✭Rikand

GreeBo wrote: »
    Which is exactly what it already was in their 2018 guide to running comps...

I believe it originated from a query by Beechpark regarding cuts.
    I can only assume they were asking about cuts after round 1 being valid for any golf other than the second 18 and something got lost along the way.
    Purple Monkey Dishwasher.

Advertisement