Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

P20 Pro or Galaxy 9+?

Options
  • 13-07-2018 2:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭

I'm due an upgrade about a month from now, so I'm looking around to see what the latest and greatest phones are.

I think the top two contenders are the Huawei P20 Pro and the Samsung Galaxy 9+.

From looking around at reviews (and comparisons), I think opinions on which one is best are divided.
    • P20 Pro: more storage (but no SD slot), better camera, better battery, a bit cheaper
    • 9+: slightly bigger screen, better screen (more PPI), better chipset
    I'm coming from a Galaxy S7, so either phone will be a great upgrade. From people who have tried both phones, which comes out on top?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,988 ✭✭✭jacksie66

This post has been deleted.

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭jay28

I have my s9 4 weeks now, I came from the s7 edge.
    The s9 is a great phone however I'm finding the battery isn't lasting as long as my s7.

• Registered Users Posts: 7 domin0311

i would go with s9 plus but the camera seems promising on p20 pro

• Registered Users Posts: 55,458 ✭✭✭✭Mr E

Still on the fence, but will decide one way or the other tomorrow when I order a case...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

I came from and have the P20 pro. As other mentioned camera is savage as is the battery. Notification led isn't great. Few things aren't as smooth as Samsung but I wanted it for the camera so I'm happy to stay.

Not a great selection of cases for it. Probably because you can't buy it in the states

• Advertisement

Just ordered a case, glass screen protectors and spare USB C cables for a P20 Pro. Thanks for the advice, folks. :o

I think the camera swung it for me (plus I'm coming from Samsung and feel like a change).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,813 ✭✭✭peteb2

Curious what case you order? Comes with a tpu one in box and there's already a screen protector fitted

Sure. After looking at a lot of reviews and videos, I settled on the Ringke Fusion-X case:
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Ringke-Ergonomic-Transparent-Resistant-Protection/dp/B07CSJFYTZ/ref=sr_1_5

Tempered Glass (3 Pack)
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B07CSH1CTB/ref=?ie=UTF8&m=AGQB3416705CD

There is a promotion if you buy both together.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,789 ✭✭✭rizzee

Have that Fusion X case myself, albeit for the standard P20. It is brilliant.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,344 ✭✭✭gollywog

I am currently in a similar position, with the added choice of OP6. Be interested to see responses

• Advertisement
Advertisement