Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Looking for an Irish book

Options
  • 13-07-2018 1:20pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

A few years ago, around the time of 50 Shades etc., an Irish author (possibly from Bray / Wicklow) published a novel in the same vein. From what I recall, there was possibly a string of pearls on the cover, and her pen-name was Fanny something or other. That is not guaranteed to be right, but we think it is.

A group of us read it when it came out and are desperately trying to find it again. Does it ring any bells??

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,429 ✭✭✭Sheridan81

Fanny Blake?

She's not Irish however.

Fanny Howe...but she's American. Fanny Butcher, also American.

John Cleland-Fanny Hill: Memoirs Of A Woman Of Pleasure...again, not Irish.

• Moderators, Arts Moderators Posts: 17,231 Mod ✭✭✭✭Das Kitty

A few years ago, around the time of 50 Shades etc., an Irish author (possibly from Bray / Wicklow) published a novel in the same vein. From what I recall, there was possibly a string of pearls on the cover, and her pen-name was Fanny something or other. That is not guaranteed to be right, but we think it is.

A group of us read it when it came out and are desperately trying to find it again. Does it ring any bells??

Hardly, Evie Hunter - Pleasures of Winter ?

It's a pen name for two ladies (one of them a boardsie) and they got a fair amount of press for their first book.

• Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭smurfette2212

Thanks so much for the suggestions, but nope.

She's definitely Irish, and I am sure it was self-published, which is making the search a little trickier!

Advertisement