Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

replace triton t90i

Options
  • 13-07-2018 11:21am
    Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭

hello im wondering what should i replace my triton t90i with id like to stay with the Triton brand and something around the same size if possible

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,928 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

Triton t90sr is de the way forward

As your shower is so old your electrician might need to upgrade the fuse at the fusebox. You need a 40amp rcbo. Yours might be 32amp

There is a test button on the rcbo. This should be tested every 3 months.

• Registered Users Posts: 693 ✭✭✭Conchurl

Sleeper12 wrote: »
    Triton t90sr is de the way forward

As your shower is so old your electrician might need to upgrade the fuse at the fusebox. You need a 40amp rcbo. Yours might be 32amp

There is a test button on the rcbo. This should be tested every 3 months.

Is it a straight swap of the showers or is there more to it?

Conchurl wrote:
    Is it a straight swap of the showers or is there more to it?

That depends on your cable size and the rcbo. If cable & rcbo are good then it is a straight swap

That depends on your cable size and the rcbo. If cable & rcbo are good then it is a straight swap

the cable is 10mm comming into my old shower but the trip switch says C 32

Here is a pic

• Advertisement

Cable size is perfect. The 32 amp fuse is undersized for a 9kw shower. It's better to change it for a 40amp rcbo as it might trip randomly

Cable size is perfect. The 32 amp fuse is undersized for a 9kw shower. It's better to change it for a 40amp rcbo as it might trip randomly

would that be a big job for an electrician or does he just swap out the 32 for a 40?

Conchurl wrote:
    would that be a big job for an electrician or does he just swap out the 32 for a 40?

Usually a 20/30 minute job including issuing the cert

Advertisement