Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Very disappointed with Vodafone siro process

Options
  • 12-07-2018 6:36pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭

Just a word of warning to anyone else thinking about going for siro. I know most of the different providers are using the same contractors but I'm absolutely raging right now.

So far it's taken about 6 or 7 weeks to get to this point, after the initial rep told me I'd be connected in about a week.
    I was told last week that a contractor would be out today to install for us. This was both confirmed over the phone and I received the reminder texts this morning.

We have two young kids and my wife had to stay in all day long, which I completely understand is the norm when waiting for callouts. By five there was still no sign of anyone calling out until Vodafone themselves rang me and asked why we canceled our appointment. I didn't understand what was going on at first but finally I was told that the contractor due to call out had logged that my wife had called him to cancel our installation. Obviously my wife did no such thing and I'm fuming right now.

Even the girl. I was talking to was shocked that the technician so blatantly lied. I know there's dozens of these kind of stories going around right now but it sickens me that I have to wait another few weeks now all because some lazy sod got held up at another job or just plain wasn't bothered and left all the hassle to me. This is getting absolutely ridiculous now because this kind of behavior is so commonplace.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,496 ✭✭✭irishgrover

Asmodean wrote: »
    Just a word of warning to anyone else thinking about going for siro. I know most of the different providers are using the same contractors but I'm absolutely raging right now.

So far it's taken about 6 or 7 weeks to get to this point, after the initial rep told me I'd be connected in about a week.
    I was told last week that a contractor would be out today to install for us. This was both confirmed over the phone and I received the reminder texts this morning.

We have two young kids and my wife had to stay in all day long, which I understand can be the norm. By five there was still no sign of anyone calling out until Vodafone themselves rang me and asked why we canceled our appointment. I didn't understand what was going on at first but finally I was told that the contractor due to call out had logged that my wife had called him to cancel our installation. Obviously my wife did no such thing and I'm fuming right now.

Even the girl. I was talking to was shocked that the technician so blatantly lied. I know there's dozens of these kind of stories going around right now but it sickens me that I have to wait another few weeks now all because some lazy sod got held up at another job or just plain wasn't bothered and left all the hassle to me. This is getting absolutely ridiculous now.

That's pretty shocking..... Possibly post it in the talk to Vodafone forum....

• Registered Users Posts: 8,666 ✭✭✭corks finest

We have two young kids and my wife had to stay in all day long, which I understand can be the norm. By five there was still no sign of anyone calling out until Vodafone themselves rang me and asked why we canceled our appointment. I didn't understand what was going on at first but finally I was told that the contractor due to call out had logged that my wife had called him to cancel our installation. Obviously my wife did no such thing and I'm fuming right now.

Even the girl. I was talking to was shocked that the technician so blatantly lied. I know there's dozens of these kind of stories going around right now but it sickens me that I have to wait another few weeks now all because some lazy sod got held up at another job or just plain wasn't bothered and left all the hassle to me. This is getting absolutely ridiculous now.
    Pity they're so busy that they're obviously hiring cowboys as subbies

• Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

SIRO and their contractors are extremely busy atm. And it's true, that installations have gone from being done within 2-3 days to 2-3 weeks. That's because of the high amount of installations that are being done after the Gbit/s promotion was launched.

But what you describe is absolutely the exception. And the thing is, that I'd definatly highlight your experience all the way through to SIRO or write SIRO an email directly.

They don't take behaviour like that lightly and the engineer is not going to be around for long, if that's the way he works.

The norm for a SIRO installation is, that you book either an AM or a PM appointment. So it's not a whole day. It's half a day. You should be getting a call the day before to confirm your appointment (by the contractor). You should also get a text in the morning with the name and mobile number of the contractor. If any of that doesn't happen, then something is wrong.

If you're unhappy with the engineer, go back to the provider you signed your contract with. They have a direct record of which installer dealt with your installation. SIRO are very much different from other wholesale network in that sense. So if somebody does a bad job, it can be followed up and rectified.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,644 ✭✭✭Asmodean

Thanks Martin. I will contact SIRO directly.
    So far I'm just getting the usual spiel from Vodafone about how the engineers are a third party so they have absolutely no details about who is assigned to each account. They're being pretty adamant about it too.

I can't imagine that's true, how else could there be any sort of accountability on their behalf. Maybe that's why so many engineers are taking the mickey out of people.

• Registered Users Posts: 36,167 ✭✭✭✭ED E

So far I'm just getting the usual spiel from Vodafone about how the engineers are a third party so they have absolutely no details about who is assigned to each account. They're being pretty adamant about it too.

I can't imagine that's true, how else could there be any sort of accountability on their behalf. Maybe that's why so many engineers are taking the mickey out of people.

With OpenEir there are 5 "levels" between you and the technician. SIRO is likely similar. Depending on the contract that Vodafone CSR may have no contact info for the contractor on site.

• Advertisement
  • Company Representative Posts: 668 ✭✭✭Airwire: MartinL

Vodafone staff may not have access to that information. The system we are using with SIRO gives us access to that information for our customers.
    ED E wrote: »
    With OpenEir there are 5 "levels" between you and the technician. SIRO is likely similar. Depending on the contract that Vodafone CSR may have no contact info for the contractor on site.

OpenEIR and SIRO are completely different. With OpenEIR the contractor information is not available. With SIRO it is for every single engineers visit.

Advertisement