Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Greater than 3 litre

• 12-07-2018 2:22pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

I am having difficulty getting a quotation for a Mercedes SL350 as the engine is outside the criteria for most online insurance sites. Any ideas please.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

I am having difficulty getting a quotation for a Mercedes SL350 as the engine is outside the criteria for most online insurance sites. Any ideas please.

Are you young driver, I thought they would have quoted.
    To be honest you are just going to have ring up, a lot of the online calculator have far stricter restrictions than when you call

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Michael Webb

I am in my mid-fifties and have had the car since 2004, full no claims bonus and no penalty points.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,480 ✭✭✭wexie

What Cruizer said, lots of places won't quote online but will if you ring them.

Time to climb in the phone. Or....if you don't want to do it all yourself just ring a good broker.

(and yes it's a pain in the hole, don't really understand why the online things are like that, presumably they use the same backend?)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,932 ✭✭✭Eggs For Dinner

wexie wrote:
    (and yes it's a pain in the hole, don't really understand why the online things are like that, presumably they use the same backend?)

Because online systems are programmed to process 'standard' acceptable risks. Anything that strays off this needs human intervention to see if the combination of features fits their target market

• Registered Users Posts: 81,223 ✭✭✭✭biko

Try ringing a few brokers, they will be able to get you quotes.
    See "List of insurers" sticky

• Advertisement
Advertisement