Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ping G400 Irons

Options
  • 12-07-2018 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭

Getting fitted for a set of game improvement irons this week. Heard great things about the Ping G400 has any one used these before. high handicapper and was using second hand blades i got free but need a game improvement iron now around the 700 mark

Cheers in advance

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,782 ✭✭✭Fann Linn

I don't know much about these irons however my current set of clubs and previous sets have all been Ping and my only advice would be to enaure you get the correct lie in the shop. Ping identify their settings through colour codes,(dots), ie, black, white, orange etc.

Get the shop to measure ye up. As for Ping itself, great aftersales service so long as they are OEM, and no problem getting clubs repaired or replaced if due to manufacturing faults.

Enjoy.

• Registered Users Posts: 601 ✭✭✭one man clappin

I purchased a set late last year. Very good iron and am getting approx 10 yards further compared to the G25's I had.
    As Fann Linn said get measured for them as lie angle etc is important.
    for example my first set of irons i bought were second hand g10's with orange lie. they were approx 3 steps up from what i should have been hitting and i was always missing left with them (left handed golfer).

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭kod12

Great advice thanks. Getting fitted for them so looking forward to a bug difference from the old blades i had

• Registered Users Posts: 500 ✭✭✭JOSman

Hi Kid12,

How are you getting on with the new clubs? Thinking of changing mine to either the G400 or the M4. Was the fitting worth it?

• Registered Users Posts: 388 ✭✭kod12

JOSman wrote: »
    Hi Kid12,

How are you getting on with the new clubs? Thinking of changing mine to either the G400 or the M4. Was the fitting worth it?

Just picked them up on Friday and the difference between that and my old blades is huge. Now I’m a high handicapper but I’m getting 20 yards extra or more a club maybe because old ones were blades but they are very forgiving even the bad shots are good if you get me. At address they don’t look bulky either and really easy to hit highly recommend them and the fitting by the local pro was top class. Ping seem to have the colour fittings worked out well in terms of loft and lie

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 879 ✭✭✭Montgolfier

i500 irons are really good too.

https://youtu.be/MOSO6sKZuOU

• Registered Users Posts: 17,852 ✭✭✭✭Mantis Toboggan

What's the colour coding on the G400's?

Edit :Found it.

Great club.

Free Palestine 🇵🇸

Advertisement