Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Nest and RF fob devices

Options
  • 12-07-2018 10:40am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,900 ✭✭✭

My boiler is fitted with radio frequency that allows me to turn on/off heating (for a hour at a time, basically it replicates the Boost function on the LCD control panel) with a fob device. My question is: if I got the nest thermostat would it interfere with the RF and fob device? Will the Nest function normally?

Comments

• Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 22,631 Mod ✭✭✭✭bk

Brian017 wrote: »
    My boiler is fitted with radio frequency that allows me to turn on/off heating (for a hour at a time, basically it replicates the Boost function on the LCD control panel) with a fob device. My question is: if I got the nest thermostat would it interfere with the RF and fob device? Will the Nest function normally?

I'm not sure, but maybe just not use the RF fob any more. The Nest would basically replace the functionality. You could just use the Nest app or Google Home with voice to boost the heat when you need to.

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 10,952 Mod ✭✭✭✭Stoner

Will the nest not replace the LCD control completely as in you'll bypass it.

If you run them in parallel it will not stop the RF signal as nest works on wifi (well all my nest devices do, don't have the stat though/

Advertisement