Advertisement
We've partnered up with Nixers.com to offer a space where you can talk directly to Peter from Nixers.com and get an exclusive Boards.ie discount code for a free job listing. If you are recruiting or know anyone else who is please check out the forum here.
If you have a new account but can't post, please email Niamh on [email protected] for help to verify your email address. Thanks :)

The Outpost (CW)

• 11-07-2018 4:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11,559 ✭✭✭✭ Skerries

dear god what drivel!
    Watched the first episode there and it makes something from the Asylum seem Oscar worthy
    terrible acting, terrible dialog, terrible sets, terrible fighting, just terrible!
    I still watched all of it as I like disasters :D

Comments

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 27,103 Mod ✭✭✭✭ pixelburp

Looking at the trailer, it appears pretty tatty all right; as if someone found an unaired sword & sorcery show from the 1990s.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,290 ✭✭✭ Bandana boy

I had avoided this but seeing as it got a second season starting soon I decided to give this a watch.

First off some of the acting is bad , really really bad , the star is poor but the second female lead is beyond terrible. the main male star was cast completely on his look (which in fairness he is cut like a greek god so if your into that kind of thing)
    The hero's are all a holes and pretty dumb, and the villains in the main just people doing the job they have been paid to do.

But I have somehow kept watching , the overarching story is pretty decent and they have built a fantasy world that I am intrigued by, the cgi lets it down a little but for a cheap tv show is probably better than expected .

Having had to push through the first couple of episodes I fairly rattled through the rest and the show moves along at a pretty good pace .

I am bizarrely looking forward to season 2.

• Registered Users Posts: 74,966 ✭✭✭✭ JP Liz V1

The CW's The Outpost Cancelled After 4 Seasons; Series Finale to Air in October

Advertisement