Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Pet insurance for older dogs

Options
  • 11-07-2018 2:13pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi there,

Myself and my husband are looking to adopt a dog from <snip> and it is over 8 years old. Is there any insurance companies in Ireland or the UK that covers pets of this age living in IReland?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,274 ✭✭✭cocker5

Hi there,

Myself and my husband are looking to adopt a dog from <snip> and it is over 8 years old. Is there any insurance companies in Ireland or the UK that covers pets of this age living in IReland?

Thanks

To be honest OP Id doubt it and also they would nearly consider most issues pre existing :(

• Registered Users Posts: 32,634 ✭✭✭✭Graces7

Hi there,

Thanks

Is it worth googling? eg insuring older dog Ireland

• Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭Ladybird37

Hi OP,

I would seriously doubt it as dogs are classed as senior over the age of 7 with most insurance companies. Even if you did manage to secure an insurer, they only pay 65% of each claim too after the usual excess.

An idea would be to save the would be monthly payment every month in your own account and you would then have some funds towards vets bills if needs be.

Advertisement