Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting insured for the first time at 25

Options
  • 11-07-2018 1:00pm
    Registered Users Posts: 186 ✭✭

Howdy folks,

So basically I am 25 and have never driven before. Looking at getting the lessons and full licence over the next year and picking up a small starter car (something like a Golf).

I have heard horror stories of young drivers paying a small fortune for insurance - is this to do with their age or the fact that they are new drivers?

Is my insurance likely to be horrendous because I started driving late?

Any tips for starting out right?

Any help appreciated. Thanks!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 238 ✭✭treascon

It would cost you a small fortune if you were to try and get insurance in your own name now. Can you become a named driver on someone’s policy for a year, hopefully pass your test & you’ll be in a better position next year. You’ll still pay the guts of €2k at a rough guess but it’ll be a lot better than the quotes you get now!

Advertisement