Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cheap Golf Club Fees/Membership in Cork?

Options
  • 11-07-2018 9:24am
    Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23

No suggestions of Frankfield please; don't want to roll onto the motorway.

Getting back in to golf after not playing in 10-12 years. Where are some cheap green fees or membership options in and around Cork?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,749 ✭✭✭Barnaboy

Getting back in to golf after not playing in 10-12 years. Where are some cheap green fees or membership options in and around Cork?

Mahon is a good spot.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,082 ✭✭✭Dbu

Frankfield golf club closed a few years ago

• Registered Users Posts: 5,250 ✭✭✭slingerz

Frankfield is closed.

Mahon is decent, Douglas is expensive, Muskerry do offers for U35

Can you give more detail on what your looking for?

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭kennethrhcp

I was in a similar situation 2 years ago, went back golfing after around 16/17 years of not playing. I joined Cobh, 20mins spin from the city & full membership is €800 (they have monthly options & some times new member offers).

There's a good few members who drive out from the city, the course is located only 2mins beyond Fota. imo it has a great atmosphere & very welcoming.

I know of ppl say it's too hilly but I love it! There's only 3 real hilly parts on the course (walking from 3rd green to 4th tee, 5th tee to fairway & the 18th).

Go play a few of the courses you have in mind & see what suits you best

• Registered Users Posts: 10 jceastcork

Same thing for me, just getting back into golf after 12 or so years. I was looking around for a while and decided to join East Cork, mainly because its on my door step. Membership is €745 for the year, this includes GUI, you can pay monthly, quarterly or all up front. There is also a driving range associated with the club so the facilities are pretty good.

I hadn't heard very many good things about the course itself before joining, but have been pleasantly surprised since joining the club and playing a few rounds. Most holes are tree lined so you need to be fairly accurate off the tee. I've not gotten around to gaining my handicap yet, but there seems to be plenty of competitions available, and everyone seems to be very welcoming. I've also not had any problems getting on the tee during the evenings, or later in the day on the weekends.

Cobh is a great course, with some very good holes, and great views. I would have joined there, I just wasn't keen on travelling to play, and the hills did put me off a little...I can't claim to be very fit!! It's well worth a go though.

Blarney isn't bad either, although I think it's a little more expensive than Cobh and East Cork, but not sure on that.

As Kenneth posted already, play a few courses and see what suits you

• Advertisement
Advertisement