Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Karcher K4

Options
  • 10-07-2018 11:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I purchased a karcher K4 pressure washer the other day. When I opened the box I noticed this white substance around where the hose meets the machine, pic inclosed. It may be some sort of sealant but I am left wondering if this is normal or if this was some kind of aftermarket repair job done to the machine. Maybe if someone on here might have bought one recently they might be able to tell me if their machine had the same thing. The machine is the Karcher K4 full control.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 165 ✭✭MactheKnife90

I purchased a karcher K4 pressure washer the other day. When I opened the box I noticed this white substance around where the hose meets the machine, pic inclosed. It may be some sort of sealant but I am left wondering if this is normal or if this was some kind of aftermarket repair job done to the machine. Maybe if someone on here might have bought one recently they might be able to tell me if their machine had the same thing. The machine is the Karcher K4 full control.

That looks like sealing tape that a plumber would use to be honest. Can't be sure but I'd guess it's a dodgy repair. Recently bought a K5 and didn't see anything like that. Maybe a photo from further out would give better detail

• Registered Users Posts: 81,382 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

I'd bring it back to where you bought it from.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,764 ✭✭✭my3cents

Is that white stuff solid or slightly "greasy". I'm just wondering if its an excess of some paste that is used for lubrication during assembly?

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Thanks for all the replies. Its a very soft substance a bit like sudacream to touch but no smell. It does look like something a plumber would use.

Advertisement