Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Waterproofer for exterior dashed wall

Options
  • 10-07-2018 12:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 13

Hi
    I recently bought a house which has been newly pebbled dashed with a small chip! I have been advised to get a good waterproofer for the weatherside gable! Unfortunately I’m trying to get a waterproofer that can be painted over! Can anyone help??

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

What is the wall construction?
    Why paint it?
    What aspect is the gable: N,S,E,W?
    Why would paint not do the job?
    Have you considered solar drive, depending on aspect?

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 13 Seagull isle

Standard construction type house, cavity wall built with block, scratch coat then dashed! The gable is facing west! The house is situated in a exposed area with little shelter!
    I have dulux weathersheild trade ordered for it! My architect mentioned about sealing the gable with a good waterproofer!

• Registered Users Posts: 12,272 ✭✭✭✭Calahonda52

Scratch coat and dash not enough for this exposure:
    I would have another layer of sand cement plaster added and them just paint it.

The wall needs to be able to breath

“I can’t pay my staff or mortgage with instagram likes”.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,090 ✭✭✭dok_golf

Murfill. It's what I use on chimneys. Wont need to be painted again for years. Expensive though if its only for one side, well worth it.

Advertisement