Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Working in the UK

Options
  • 10-07-2018 8:14am
    Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭

Having spent the last few years working in the London area, I've finally escaped. Ive noticed that the way employees get treated in England is quite poor. Managers are very disconnected from they're underlings. Whereas employees have very low expectations, and put up with any crap thrown at them.
    I always stand up for what I feel is fair and just in the workplace (within reason). I fight tooth and nail to make things comfortable as possible for myself.
    I noticed that the English generally don't highlight major flaws in the workplace, and just keep calm and carry on, as the meme goes.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

Where did you escape to?

• Registered Users Posts: 3,507 ✭✭✭lufties

zweton wrote: »
    Where did you escape to?
    Deutschland

• Registered Users Posts: 2,683 ✭✭✭zweton

nice, what part? enjoying it?

• Registered Users Posts: 14,810 ✭✭✭✭jimmii

How many managers did you experience in England? Obviously not right to just make a generalisation like that there's lots of different managers everywhere and some are good and some are bad. I don't think I've really worked anywhere in the UK where people just put up with everything no matter what!

It does seem to differ slightly in London a bit but then that's probably because it's London and if you're working there then you should be getting more than most places around the UK so maybe people just appreciate that so are willing to take a bit more!

Advertisement