Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alicante to Ibiza Travel Options

Options
  • 09-07-2018 8:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭

Hi All,

Are there cost effective options for travelling to Ibiza from Alicante?

I looked up the ferry which we could get from either Denia or further north in Valencia but it's working out at about €270 return for two people (no car).

Also looked at flights which works out at about €90 pp.

Flights are the likely option but just wondering if there are other options? Can't find anything online.

Would there be boats going from Alc to Ibz or are the above options the best?

Thanks in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Hi All,

Are there cost effective options for travelling to Ibiza from Alicante?

I looked up the ferry which we could get from either Denia or further north in Valencia but it's working out at about €270 return for two people (no car).

Also looked at flights which works out at about €90 pp.

Flights are the likely option but just wondering if there are other options? Can't find anything online.

Would there be boats going from Alc to Ibz or are the above options the best?

Thanks in advance.

When are you talking about?

We took the ferry from Denia at Easter weekend (so right at the very start of the season) - it was a walk-up booking admittedly, but it was €70pp one way. I did get the impression that if you booked online and far in advance you could get better value. But now you're dealing with high-season prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 2,058 ✭✭✭shuffles03

Heading to Alicante on 24/07 and then to Ibiza 31/07.

Ibiza is a last minute thing. Accommodation is all sorted, just seeing the best way to get there now. Yeh, 70pp each way sounds about right. I think the flight might be the best way to go.

There wouldn't be any day trips/local boats from Alc to Ibz?
    HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    When are you talking about?

We took the ferry from Denia at Easter weekend (so right at the very start of the season) - it was a walk-up booking admittedly, but it was €70pp one way. I did get the impression that if you booked online and far in advance you could get better value. But now you're dealing with high-season prices!

• Registered Users Posts: 28,933 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

shuffles03 wrote: »
    Heading to Alicante on 24/07 and then to Ibiza 31/07.

Ibiza is a last minute thing. Accommodation is all sorted, just seeing the best way to get there now. Yeh, 70pp each way sounds about right. I think the flight might be the best way to go.

There wouldn't be any day trips/local boats from Alc to Ibz?
    No idea, sorry. And I'd imagine they'd be even dearer than the ferry.

If the flight is from Alicante and that's where you'll be, then that'd be a no-brainer for me, you'll basically lose a whole day to the ferry whatever way you go at it.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,105 ✭✭✭Living Off The Splash

Valencia to Ibiza with Ryanair is coming in at €20 to €40. So it may be worth your while travelling from Alicante to Valencia.

Advertisement