Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Can I tell which BTU version of boiler I have?

Options
  • 09-07-2018 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 567 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I have just bought a house with a Grant Vortex Boiler house boiler in the garage. There are different nozzles listed for the 3 different BTU versions. Is there any way to tell from the boiler/burner which model it is?
    The installing engineer never filled out the boiler passport, or marked the correct one on the case.
    The nozzle in place would match the nozzle for the smallest BTU boiler, but its a 3000 sqft house so i'm hoping its a bigger boiler!

Thanks,

Ken

Comments

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 3,496 ✭✭✭DGOBS

The boiler can be ranged to min-mid-max outputs depending on the nozzle.

NOTE: the only way to change a nozzle (even like for like) is with a pressure gauge and flue gas analyser to tune to boiler in, anything else can lead to carbon monoxide production.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,590 ✭✭✭agusta

Kencollins wrote: »
    Hi all,

I have just bought a house with a Grant Vortex Boiler house boiler in the garage. There are different nozzles listed for the 3 different BTU versions. Is there any way to tell from the boiler/burner which model it is?
    The installing engineer never filled out the boiler passport, or marked the correct one on the case.
    The nozzle in place would match the nozzle for the smallest BTU boiler, but its a 3000 sqft house so i'm hoping its a bigger boiler!

Thanks,

Ken
    The 3 different btu versions are for the same boiler.The boiler can be set up with a flue gas analyser for any of these outputs depending on the output required.what are the btu outputs listed on the boiler...

Advertisement