Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Are its4women the Ryanair of car insurance?

Options
  • 09-07-2018 5:03pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,436 ✭✭✭

It costs 10 euro "admin fee" to contact them by phone

They sent me someone else's insurance cert and disc a week later

You can't cancel your car insurance via '14 day cooling off period' via email or online chat or telephone. You must pay to send a letter to Donegal

You send a very long letter on the 14th day of cooling off period with other persons insurance documents, explaining you want to cancel with option of cooling off period. They charge you 160 euro because letter was received after cut off date

No customer service tact of any description.bizarre stuff

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,285 ✭✭✭Summer wind

Their ads on television are enough to keep me away from them.

• Registered Users Posts: 239 ✭✭treascon

Yes. They are “cheaper” for a reason with zero customer service & admin charges for everything. I don’t care how much cheaper they are than their competitors. I’d rather pay the extra and go with a decent company(having previously been insured with them & learned the hard way)

• Registered Users Posts: 29,030 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

They also caught me out a few years go with their driving other cars section - small print said it was only in emergencies, but they couldn't or wouldn't specify what constituted an emergency. That was when I actually eventually managed to contact them to query it!

That was enough for me to bail out and take the hit on cancelling the policy early on.

No idea what other small-print catches they might have but I'll never go with one of those internet-only companies again. I've gone with brokers ever since, happy to pay a bit more if I have to to have someone on the end of a phone to deal with stuff.

• Registered Users Posts: 23,436 ✭✭✭✭ted1

They also run 25plus.ie snd charge 25% extra to pay monthly

• Registered Users Posts: 81,853 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Their ads on television are enough to keep me away from them.

I think the reason they put the ads on TV is they don't want any men on their books. They have to accept males at same rate by law.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,452 ✭✭✭Twenty Grand

I was with them for a year.

So long as you don't ever need to contact them, everything works well.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

ted1 wrote: »
    They also run 25plus.ie snd charge 25% extra to pay monthly

Paying monthly is a credit arrangement. Laya charge extra as well!
    Went with them this year. 280 less than my renewal with aig who also underwrite them.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Lads I have to say, what a ridiculous joke of a company
    You can only talk to them via online message unless you want to pay them for a phone call. Phone calls are to 0818/01890 numbers and then when they speak to you, you have to pay a transaction fee for anything you want.

AVOID MCL INSURANCE/ 25PLUS/ ITS4WOMEN

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭anotherfinemess

HeidiHeidi wrote: »
    They also caught me out a few years go with their driving other cars section - small print said it was only in emergencies, but they couldn't or wouldn't specify what constituted an emergency. That was when I actually eventually managed to contact them to query it!

That was enough for me to bail out and take the hit on cancelling the policy early on.

No idea what other small-print catches they might have but I'll never go with one of those internet-only companies again. I've gone with brokers ever since, happy to pay a bit more if I have to to have someone on the end of a phone to deal with stuff.

I was a customer for several years. No penalty points, or claims, 10 yrs no claims discount. Have been trying all week to renew insurance but after going through all the questions I get an error message. Same thing happened THREE TIMES talking to an operator, when we got through all the questions their computer had gone wrong. Am now switching to another company.

• Registered Users Posts: 284 ✭✭steves2

I used 25plus for 2 policies, they insured me as a learner driver for a reasonable cost when their competitors wanted 2 or 3k. I had to contact them a couple times on that first policy and never had any problems to be honest. Went with BOI for next year and now back with them for this year that's almost due for renewal. Checked my renewal and its4women are about 200 cheaper, so will be going with them.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

My renewal with aig was 790. Its4women quoted me 504 through aig.
    No brainer!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,596 ✭✭✭Hitman3000

I'm insured with them. Best quote I could get on my 05 Audi 1.9. Bought a different car on Saturday 11 reg 2.0 litre diesel. Went online to the 'portal' entered in new car's details . Getting a refund of 80 euro on my premium. Have to be honest, simple and easy no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 429 ✭✭Craftylee

Hitman3000 wrote: »
    I'm insured with them. Best quote I could get on my 05 Audi 1.9. Bought a different car on Saturday 11 reg 2.0 litre diesel. Went online to the 'portal' entered in new car's details . Getting a refund of 80 euro on my premium. Have to be honest, simple and easy no issues.

I think what people are saying here is that they're fine... as long as nothing goes wrong and you need to contact them, aka to make a claim

• Registered Users Posts: 579 ✭✭✭keyboard_cat

My girlfriend was charged 20 euro for them to email a letter confirming named driver experience,
    Needless to say she never renewed with them after that

• Registered Users Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭irishproduce

Yeah, if you do not engage with them from one end of the year to the other, then they are fine.
    If you do however engage with them, jesus, prepare to be put through the ringer financially and emotionally.

• Registered Users Posts: 75 ✭✭Hellywelly

I’m with its4women a couple of years as much cheaper than any other quotes I got. No problems until this evening. Got pulled over by armed Gardai doing insurance checks. My disc was out of date. I explained that I would never ever drive uninsured and that I had obviously just forgotten to put up new disc. My last one expired 1 March.
    So nice Garda rings a central checking place and tells me I am not insured. Long story short I can’t ring its4women to confirm that I am in fact insured as their phone stops at 5pm.
    Car is seized. I’m left at side of road mortified.
    I come home & double check bank account and yes - full premium was paid on 26 February. Can’t find disc (maybe it never arrived) but given that Garda checked using my reg number I am wondering what the hell has happened to the 800 odd euro I paid up for insurance earlier this year........

• Registered Users Posts: 12,686 ✭✭✭✭Ally Dick

I'm not renewing with this shower ever again. I need someone I can ring when there is an issue, or someone who will ring me back. This crowd must have gone the India route, like a lot of other idiot companies who play fast and loose with customer service. We took out car insurance with them, and they asked for a copy of our drivers licences per the web page. I sent them through about 6 times. Then we get a registered letter telling us that they will cease cover on 1st October if they don't receive the copy documents as requested. On the registered letter, the message was different to that on the online page. It turns out that they required drivers licence copies FRONT AND BACK. This is explicit in the registered letter, but not on the website. Ok this is partially my own fault, but I have decided I won't be dealing with companies who cannot be contacted by phone. It may be cheaper to go with a fully online company, but that's only ok until there are snags.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,387 ✭✭✭✭coylemj

Hellywelly wrote: »
    So nice Garda rings a central checking place and tells me I am not insured.

There is no such place. The Garda can check if you have tax and NCT because they are Govt. schemes but he cannot verify if you have insurance.

The proof is that when renewing your car tax, you can enter any rubbish for the insurance and the system will accept it. If there was a 'central checking place', the motor tax people would be able to validate the insurance policy number and expiration date you enter on the tax renewal screen and this they cannot do.

Advertisement