Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Advice on Home Care Providers

Options
  • 09-07-2018 1:38pm
    Registered Users Posts: 11

Hello everyone,

My mum is suffering with rheumatoid arthritis for a number of year now but is steadily getting worse while her medications are increasing.
    After I applied for the Home Care Package from the HSE for her, she received a letter listing local home care providers requesting her to prioritise her preferred choice buy numbers. The problem is, we have no prior knowledge or experience of health care providers.

I would very much appreciate any information anyone could advise on good or poor experiences with them.

The list includes:
    A Home Instead Senior Care Service - Kilcullen,
    A Plus Community Care - Dublin,
    All in Care Ltd - Dublin,
    Allied Therapeutic Homecare Consortium - Dublin,
    Care-at-Home Services - Naas,
    Care for Me Ltd - Walkinstown,
    Caremark - Naas,
    Comfort Keepers - Dublin,
    CV Homecare Solutions ltd - Naas,
    Family Carers Ireland - Smithfield,
    Homecare Independent Living - Dundalk,
    Kare Plan Limited - Raheny,
    Private Homecare Services - Lucan.

Any information would be greatly appreciated as we don't know where to turn to for recommendations or advice.

Thank you all in advance.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 302 ✭✭tcif

I don't know anything about the various providers but I did fill in the form once myself (my Mum had cancer at the time but didn't last long enough in the end for anything to get organized) and one piece of advice I got at the time made sense to me, if it's any use to you. Prioritise the ones close to you geographically because if you ever wanted to try to arrange any extra hours privately, then getting your carers closer to home makes it more likely you may be able to make an arrangement with the same place/people to give you continuity of care.

• Registered Users Posts: 2 jumbo7

Hi,

I was reading this and decided to post based on our family experience.

I am not sure if it is of any uses to you but there is a smaller company named HomeCarer Trusted Independent Living that only provide services in Dublin.

They provided homecare to my aunt and they seemed good.

Their website is www.homecarer.ie and you can get their details on there.

Advertisement