Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bookgolf365 - Open Competition booking

Options
  • 08-07-2018 11:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭

Anyone use this to book an open competition? I'm trying to book an Open at New Forest but having a hard time. I'm playing on my own so I'd like to see the timesheet so I can put my name down at a time when someone else is playing.

However this doesn't seem to be possible, I have to pick a time but can't see if anyone else has booked the same time or not? So potentially I could book a time, turn up and there is nobody to play with or sign a card, thus wasting my time?

Am I doing something wrong? Or is the booking system just rubbish?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,895 ✭✭✭✭Seve OB

just ring them

• Registered Users Posts: 683 ✭✭✭davegilly

Seve OB wrote: »
    just ring them
    I will next time, booked Dunmurry instead.

Its frustrating though, isn't it that this isn't a simple process? I come from an Internet age where I and people like me like to make spur of the moment purchases and most of the time this is outside of office hours, such as last night! Once the moment passes and I haven't purchased then the liklehood of me purchasing diminishes massively.

I thinks its bizarre that trying to make a simple booking is not as easy and straightforward as possible. Golf clubs are crying out for younger members/players. Young people want to do everything online so I don't understand why this is not simple to do if they want to get new customers.

They are driving customers elsewhere with this kind of behaviour, do you not agree?

I see where you are coming from but when it comes tro golf I always prefer to book opens by calling up. that way you don't get charged on the spot and only pay when you get to the proshop so you have no chance of getting shafted

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

Seve OB wrote: »
    I see where you are coming from but when it comes tro golf I always prefer to book opens by calling up. that way you don't get charged on the spot and only pay when you get to the proshop so you have no chance of getting shafted

Getting shafted? By whom?

Also what difference does it make whether you pay when you book or when you play? Unless you might be a no-show at times maybe?

• Registered Users Posts: 13,375 ✭✭✭✭prawnsambo

Getting shafted? By whom?

Also what difference does it make whether you pay when you book or when you play? Unless you might be a no-show at times maybe?
    Well if you've already paid and turn up to find you've no partner and therefore can't compete in the open. Which would be pointless and also potentially have you paying the rack rate as you're not competing.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭Miley Byrne

prawnsambo wrote: »
    Well if you've already paid and turn up to find you've no partner and therefore can't compete in the open. Which would be pointless and also potentially have you paying the rack rate as you're not competing.

Yes but he said that he "always" prefers to book over the phone as opposed to booking online so that he doesn't have to pay on the spot.

Yes but he said that he "always" prefers to book over the phone as opposed to booking online so that he doesn't have to pay on the spot.

yea because sometimes I have turned up with nobody to play with and while some clubs will go out of their way to rearrange other groups in order to get you a game, I have been left on the sidelines in the past with no opposition.

Also, paying up front, well sometimes sh1t happens and you can't make it. Even if you go to pull out a few days before, you have already paid so i'd rather keep my money than give it away for nothing.

There was a thread on here recently where a guy got shafted in a similar situation by 2 different clubs.

Advertisement