Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Exterior hardwood windows

Options
  • 08-07-2018 3:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭

Hi Folks,

I need to repaint my exterior white windows and doors, they are hardwood.
    The current finish looks like a factory finish solvent-based paint, no brush marks and I want to try putting on another coat....problem is not leaving brush marks (which I usually do).
    The maintenance label on the inside edge of window mentions using Sikkens solvent borne cetol filter 7.

The condition of wood is good, so don't think I need a primer, just undercoat and exterior satin white. Any ideas or techniques to keep brush marks at bay :)

attach photo of window surface, nice coat in which you can see the underlying grain of wood and no brush marks :rolleyes:
    Thanks
    pan

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,856 ✭✭✭tabby aspreme

A good quality brush, and thin the paint correctly, also don't paint outside in this hot weather

Advertisement