Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HELP!! I need answers :(

Options
  • 08-07-2018 10:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 8

Hi guys,

I am posting here because I don't really know where else to post.

Two weeks ago (today) myself and my husband had unprotected sex for the first time (we would love a child and decided we would just let it happen).

So 3 days ago (which would be 4 days before my period) I decided to take an early detection pregnancy test to see if we had been successful... There was a very faint positive line.

I have done about 10 home tests since, and they have all come back as positive, even the Clearblue Digital tests - though the tests with the lines are only showing faint lines (but there are definitely lines there).

However, I went to the doctor on Friday to confirm my pregnancy and his test said it was 'negative' (never wanted to cry so much) - which is odd because every other home test (bar one) has given me a positive reading. Again, this morning I took another test (Clearblue Digital) and it said 'pregnant 1-2 weeks'...

I would be due my period tomorrow and have VERY slight cramping so am terrified I am getting my period - though I have heard of some women having slight cramping during the very early stages of pregnancy.

Has this ever happened to anyone else here? Could all those positive home tests be wrong? I am just confused as to why the home ones came out 'positive' but doctors was 'negative'...

All of the positive tests have gotten my hopes up now so I will be devastated if I discover they were false tests... I don't know what to think!

:(

Thanks in advance for your help

Kel

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 521 ✭✭✭maxsmum

I had cramping for weeks in early pregnancy and no problems. Healthy term baby born. Clearblue is more sensitive than doctors tests so get one that shows the weeks if you're in doubt. Good luck!

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 2,579 Mod ✭✭✭✭Mystery Egg

You are not out of the running yet. I know this is a mentally torturous time. Your doctor's test may be less sensitive than the ones you used at home. Even if you see a little spotting, that's not necessarily the end. It could be implantation bleeding.

My advice is do absolutely everything you can to relax, then test again in one week. Hard, I know. Sending a hug and wishing you the very best of luck!

• Registered Users Posts: 263 ✭✭lunamoon

Did the doctor do any blood tests for you? The same happened to me. All the tests at home said positive but doctors said negative. Blood tests confirmed I was pregnant.

Advertisement