Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help - Xiaomi Redmi Note 3 has stopped charging

Options
  • 07-07-2018 9:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭

Can someone please advise if they have had this problem.

I have my Note 3 for about 2 yrs, working perfectly, no issues till about 2 hrs ago. I plugged in to charge and it just isn't charging. USB slot is tight, tried a couple of different cables and not a sign of it charging.

Have switched off and rebooted - still nothing - I now have about 20% battery

Any ideas

Also where is the quickest on delivery for a new phone. Would buy Xiaomi again no problems so suggestions please if this looks like the phone is not going to be recoverable

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭corkie

Reports of charging Diode getting fried by using incorrect chargers!

[XDA] RN3 Pro not charging, charging board replaced-Motherboard issue?

^^^ Does not require a motherboard replacement but just removing the diode.

[Reddit] [Problem] RN3P doesn't charge

Don't know if your having the same problem?

Redmi Note 5 [WHYRED][Global] is worth looking at for an upgrade?

^^^ Honorbuy have quick turn around see linked thread.

Also had a Kenzo and now using WHYRED as my daily driver.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

• Registered Users Posts: 225 ✭✭emg74

Possibly is something like that - I have been using a variety of chargers / leads etc

I'm going to have to order something so might go with honorbuy and get the Redmi Note 5

Would it be worth my while going into a phone shop to see if the N3 can be fixed - all photos etc backed up to Mi Cloud so I should be able to get them back

• Registered Users Posts: 7,193 ✭✭✭corkie

emg74 wrote: »
    Possibly is something like that - I have been using a variety of chargers / leads etc

I'm going to have to order something so might go with honorbuy and get the Redmi Note 5

Would it be worth my while going into a phone shop to see if the N3 can be fixed - all photos etc backed up to Mi Cloud so I should be able to get them back

https://www.celticrepairs.ie/xiaomi-repair/ <<< Dublin based
    https://www.ielectron.ie/repair-services/phone-repairs <<< Cork Based but Nationwide service.

Maybe worth your while getting a quote, If you only get them to remove the diode (if you can not do it yourself) should not cost much.

If it is a faulty charging port, look in to getting a replacement battery as well (they are cheap). After 2 Years, I say your battery is probably degraded at this stage. I replaced the one on my Kenzo back in February.

The Digital Services Act 2024 [EU] ~ Social Media and You ~ Nanny State guidance for parental monitoring of apps ~ Censorship: - broad laws that will probably effect Adult use of same.

Advertisement