Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Car insurance no claims bonus

Options
  • 07-07-2018 8:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3

Question on NCB if anyone here can advise please. Myself and my wife both have full no claims bonus in our own name. We now only have the need for one car. What I am planning on doing is changing the main driver on our policy on this car each year. So both of us can keep our separate NCB in case we need 2 cars again in a few years.
    Question is is there anything I am missing here, or a reason I couldn’t do this?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 850 ✭✭✭Cakerbaker

My husband and I do this every year and have had no issues. From speaking to our broker it seems quite common. For us the only difference has been the driver who becoming the fully insured driver has to fill in a form explaining why they did not have their own insurance the previous year. We simply state we only have one car.

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Jfkm7146

brilliant thanks for this. Couldn’t imagine starting from scratch again with the NCB.

Advertisement