Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

All you can eat - Limerick

Options
  • 07-07-2018 9:07am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭

Wondering what places offer All you can eat buffet?
    Have tried Jasmine restaurant

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,370 ✭✭✭Skuxx

Peony Court Chinese also does a buffet.
    The Strand and Radisson Hotels offer a buffet lunch on a Sunday. I haven't been to any of them though so can't comment on what they're like.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

Skuxx wrote: »
    Peony Court Chinese also does a buffet.
    The Strand and Radisson Hotels offer a buffet lunch on a Sunday. I haven't been to any of them though so can't comment on what they're like.

The Radisson is poor. Was good years ago but the bar food in there is much better than the buffet these days.
    The strand was very decent last time I was there about 9 months ago.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,723 ✭✭✭masterboy123

How's Peony?
    tototoe wrote: »
    The Radisson is poor. Was good years ago but the bar food in there is much better than the buffet these days.
    The strand was very decent last time I was there about 9 months ago.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 828 ✭✭✭tototoe

How's Peony?

No idea...It's at least 10 years since I was in there and never had the buffet.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,178 ✭✭✭Stanford

The Peony is excellent but, not being as big as the Jasmine, it gets full so booking is advisable

• Advertisement

Ok, would Peony be as same level as Jasmine?
    Stanford wrote: »
    The Peony is excellent but, not being as big as the Jasmine, it gets full so booking is advisable

• Registered Users Posts: 2,178 ✭✭✭Irish Wolf

There was a place on the corner of Bedford Row and Henry Street? Though last time I was in town it looked kinda closed.

There is very little difference between either restaurant but the Jasmine has a better selection of buffet dishes

Ok, i feel I should stick with Jasmine tomorrow rather than getting disappointed. Peony has mixed reviews only.

Ok, i feel I should stick with Jasmine tomorrow rather than getting disappointed. Peony has mixed reviews only.

OK, perhaps you might post to let us know how you got on for future reference

• Advertisement

So I am just back from Jasmine. It was quite packed and noisy today. Most good items appeared fresh and tasted well. It's bit on the pricey side. Overall I rate 7.5/10 for jasmine.
    Stanford wrote: »
    OK, perhaps you might post to let us know how you got on for future reference

Thats good to know, thanks

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Ok, would Peony be as same level as Jasmine?

Not a chance. Been to both never went back to the Peony after i got the Jasmine.

Pizza Hut out on Childers do a weekday lunchtime buffet. Pizza, Pasta & Salad.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

So I am just back from Jasmine. It was quite packed and noisy today. Most good items appeared fresh and tasted well. It's bit on the pricey side. Overall I rate 7.5/10 for jasmine.

You would consider an all you can eat buffet with fresh and tasty food pricey @ €22?

Didn't know about pizza hut. How much do they charge for the buffet? And is it only in weekdays?
    Stab*City wrote: »
    Not a chance. Been to both never went back to the Peony after i got the Jasmine.

Pizza Hut out on Childers do a weekday lunchtime buffet. Pizza, Pasta & Salad.

I paid little over 30 euros per person and yes I consider it pricey.
    John_Mc wrote: »
    You would consider an all you can eat buffet with fresh and tasty food pricey @ €22?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,790 ✭✭✭John_Mc

I paid little over 30 euros per person and yes I consider it pricey.

You're obviously including drinks so because it's €22 for an adult at peak times at the weekend. It's unreasonable to call that pricey for good food in my opinion

Yes that's including soft drink. I suppose calling it pricey or not depends on our personal financial situation.
    In Dublin I used to eat all you can eat buffet from as low as 10 euro to high as 30 euros.
    John_Mc wrote: »
    You're obviously including drinks so because it's €22 for an adult at peak times at the weekend. It's unreasonable to call that pricey for good food in my opinion

• Registered Users Posts: 2,413 ✭✭✭Stab*City

Didn't know about pizza hut. How much do they charge for the buffet? And is it only in weekdays?

Yes only weekdays and i think only up until like 3:30. Last time i was there it was like €10 or €11 for an adult or something similar. Kids half that afaik.

Advertisement