Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Indian Rupees

Options
  • 06-07-2018 11:01am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭

Hi.
    Does anyone know if it’s possible to buy Indian Rupees here in Ireland prior to a trip to India?
    Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 5,428 ✭✭✭finbarrk

• Registered Users Posts: 5,091 ✭✭✭stargazer 68

Nope. We had to get ours when we got there

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

Where are you flying to?

You can get them in Dubai if stopping over there for example

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

We flying into Delhi with a story over in Abu Dhabi.
    cdeb wrote: »
    Where are you flying to?

You can get them in Dubai if stopping over there for example

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 7,170 Mod ✭✭✭✭cdeb

You should be grand to get them in Abu Dhabi, depending on time. I know no problems getting them in Dubai. Both are transit hubs and should have all the services that go with it.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,938 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Legally you aren't allowed bring them in/out (and the situation has likely got worse since the insane short-notice reprinting). So despite potential availability in the Middle Eastern airports you need to weigh up the risk.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,529 ✭✭✭johnire

Thanks folks. I think I’ll just buy a few when we arrive in Delhi airport.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18,268 ✭✭✭✭uck51js9zml2yt

Get them at the airport.

• Registered Users Posts: 966 ✭✭✭suave.4u

Top up in Euros using Revolut and then withdraw from a ATM In Delhi Airport.
    The travel exchange rate at the airport is very bad.

I ordered them through my bank when I went. Took a few days to arrive, but they managed it no problem.

• Advertisement
Advertisement