Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Smurfit no longer offering evening classes in the 2019/20 year on my course

Options
  • 05-07-2018 8:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 64 ✭✭

Hi all,
    Got an email today informing me that the Part-Time course I'm due to start in September will not deliver classes in the evening of the second year of the course. Only daytime classes will be available. Has anyone experience of this happening before with Smurfit?
    I'm really annoyed as I've just agreed with my employers to pay towards my fees, this of course was under the assumption that the vast majority of the course would be out of work hours. My employers are fairly flexible but there's no way they're going to allow me to take that much time off, and I don't blame them, to be honest.
    So now I'm looking at a course I can't complete and have already paid my 500 euro deposit months ago!

Comments

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 9,338 Mod ✭✭✭✭convert

A lot of UCD's part time evening courses have been changing to part time day courses over the years. The BA evening degree has been gone a few years, for example. They promote themselves as been accessible and flexible, but are making it harder, if not impossible, for people with jobs who want to study.

Would DBS, DIT, DCU have anything that could work for you?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,792 ✭✭✭Postgrad10

I'd say you have grounds for getting your deposit back in that case.

Advertisement