Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sligo IT - Online HC in Business

Options
  • 05-07-2018 6:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 317 ✭✭

Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone here currently enrolled in the online Higher Certificate Business course offered by Sligo IT? I am interested in it with the possibility of going on to do a level 7/8 degree.

It is delivered online either by live lectures or watch in your ownt time, this would suit my circumstances with young kids etc.

What are peoples thoughts with this form of learning, pros and cons? Although i know the main pro is doing the course at your own home! Would employers think less of a qualification from Sligo IT (btw i am not a college snob!) as opposed to UCD or somewhere similar.

Thanks
    Jockey

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 23,212 ✭✭✭✭Tom Dunne

jockey#1 wrote: »
    Hi everyone,

Just wondering if there is anyone here currently enrolled in the online Higher Certificate Business course offered by Sligo IT? I am interested in it with the possibility of going on to do a level 7/8 degree.

It is delivered online either by live lectures or watch in your ownt time, this would suit my circumstances with young kids etc.

What are peoples thoughts with this form of learning, pros and cons? Although i know the main pro is doing the course at your own home! Would employers think less of a qualification from Sligo IT (btw i am not a college snob!) as opposed to UCD or somewhere similar.

Thanks
    Jockey

Sligo are exceptionally well regarded in terms of their online offerings, they are years ahead of most colleges. Any employer, especially in this climate, who looks down on a qualification from an IT as opposed to a University isn't worth working for.

In more general terms, online learning differs greatly from full-time or part-time learning in so far as it can be quite isolating. You don't get that social aspect of learning, bouncing ideas off fellow students, group work and the like.

Advertisement